Luray Restaurants

STALACTITE CAFE & RESTAURANT, LURAY

Most Recent Restaurants in Luray

• A Moment to Remember: Coffee, Lunch, Decor, Service...Yes!!

by flash.jackson Written Oct 1, 2012

Service: My second day in town, they already knew to begin fixing my triple espresso the moment I walked in; Food: From salads to subs...very good, much better than you'd expect from a coffeehouse.
    Ambiance: Granted, I'm partial to coffeehouse atmospheres in general; but I could see myself crashing there for several hours to study. The decor is amazing.
    Coffee: I can only speak for their espressos, but they were as good as anywhere

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Stalactite Cafe & Restaurant: Good for coffee break only

by matcrazy1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

STALACTITE CAFE & RESTAURANT, LURAY

When you buy ticket for a guided tour to Luray Caverns you are asked to report in front of the caverns entrance exactly at the hour marked on your ticket. Having some 20 minutes we entered Stalactite Cafe.

I didn't like its interior style. It's a place set up to serve extensive tourist traffic, rather fast food style restaurant with cafe style menu. Luckily there were very few visitors at that cloudy, October morning so we were served at once. They didn't serve full lunch menu at that time but some simple dishes at reasonable prices as for very touristy place. We were not hungry after large breakfast at Super 8 Motel in Harrisonburg. Apart from that I would rather not eat there.

Favorite Dish: I had large capuccino which was neither that large not that good as in Italy but it added me some energy before long underground trail through the Luray Caverns wonderland. Urszula had fresh orange juice.

• Tom_Fields's Profile Photo

Uncle Buck's: Time for a Pit Stop

by Tom_Fields Written Nov 1, 2007
    Uncle Buck's

This modest, unpretentious place serves up some pretty nice Southern food at an affordable price. Located in downtown Luray, just a few miles off I-81, it's just right for a lunch or dinner while you enjoy a day sightseeing. Don't expect anything too fancy.

Favorite Dish: I had the hamburger. Quite tasty, with a fresh ground beef patty.

• Dan's Steakhouse: Baked Sweet potato!

by Jivermo46 Written Sep 1, 2007

Tammy is a great wait-person (darn-that doesn't click nearly as good as "waitress"!) The beer is cold and the sweet potato choice is real good. Service was quick, and the rolls are good. The steaks are only so-so, and that's the key. After all, they do call it a steakhouse. How about "Dan's Sweet Potato House"?

Uncle Buck's: Uncle Buck's

by gipper84 Updated Sep 25, 2006

Uncle Buck's

Uncle Buck's is a plain looking diner along the Main Street of downtown Luray. The food and the service were pretty good.

Favorite Dish: I had the meat loaf, mashed potatoes, and green beans. If Nat had been with us, that's the one meal that would have been safe from his pilfering fingers.

Stalactite Cafe: Stalactite Cafe

Stalactite Cafe

The Stalactite Cafe is a small restaurant with a light, cafe style menu located in the Luray Caverns complex. The food and service were adequate, but not great.

Favorite Dish: I had a hamburger, fries, and sweet tea.

Mindi's Mexican Restaurant: Mexican in the Valley

Mindi's Mexican Restaurant

I heard good things about this place both from the people at the front desk of our hotel and the reviews my friend gave me. The service was as good as anyone could ask for. Maybe I am spoiled by great Mexican restaurants closer to home like La Casita and Los Mariachis, but this was not quite that good.

Favorite Dish: I had the burrito and taco combination served with Spanish rice and refried beans. The burrito and taco were good, but the rice and beans were a little dry.

Dan's Steakhouse: Not just any steakhouse

Dan's Steak House

Dan's offers a variety of entrees including fresh steaks, vegetables, chicken, seafood and appetizers. This restaurant was more pricey than most in the area, but well worth it when you consider the quality of food, the portion size, and the service.

Hours: Mon-Thurs. 5-9pm; Fri-Sat. 4-9:30; Sun. 12-9pm

Favorite Dish: I had the chopped sirloin steak (medium well) with baked potato and a salad. They are not kidding when they say they are the best in the valley!

Brookside Restaurant: A little out of the way buffet

buffet at the Brookside

The Brookside offers homestyle cooking and a friendly family atmosphere. Huge salad bar, daily buffets, and extensive menu. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We decided to go here to try out the buffet. The restaurant was reasonably priced. Nothing on the menu goes for more than $12. Maybe it was because I had been to so many buffets, but nothing really stood out. It was a good restaurant, just not great.

A Moment to Remember: A Moment to Remember

by gipper84 Updated Sep 25, 2006

A Moment to Remember

A casual dining espresso bar and cafe that offers a wide variety of coffees and light American food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as a great selection of tea and coffee. From the pressed tin ceiling a hardware store must have been here. Jessi and I stopped in here for some coffee and tea. The prices I go by are for food on the supper menu.

Hours: Sun - Thurs. 8:00am - 4:00pm; Fri & Sat. 8:00am - 9:00pm

Mimslyn Inn: A touch of class

Mimslyn Inn

Just the name Mimslyn suggests class. Brunch at the Mimslyn Inn is a real feast complete with a guitar-piano player, big lobby, and giant porch. With all the elegance, you would expect much higher prices. My family, Jessi, and I went here for their Sunday Brunch, which runs from 10:30 am-2:30 pm for $14.95 per person.

Favorite Dish: I had the scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns, and French toast. There was also link sausage, fresh fruits, and many other things. However, I don't eat like Nat, who probably would have closed them down that Sunday.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Brookside Restaurant: Good for lunch

by matcrazy1 Updated Sep 19, 2006

BROOKSIDE RESTAURANT, LURAY

I never expect good food in very touristy places like in Brookside restaurant located by parking lot to the Luray Caverns visited by half a milion visitors a year. I do expect high prices, crowds and often long waits for service. To my surprise it worked quite differently in Brookside restaurant. Well, there were very few visitors that cloudy October day, so we were seated immediatelly. The service was fast and good. As for the interior design, the building looks better from the outside, in my opinion.

Favorite Dish: I had Virginia ham steak which was a bit salty but very good. Urszula had delicious beef steak and salad bar (limited choice of vegetables). The only bad thing was Urszula's American beer. She should have ordered local wine or water as I did. The portions were not that large as in some other restaurants but enough. To my surprise, the prices were reasonable despite the touristy location. As I remember, we paid about $25 for two including tax and tip.

• msazadi's Profile Photo

Farm House Restaurant at...

by msazadi Written Oct 4, 2002

Farm House Restaurant at Jordan Hollow in Stanley VA
    For some reason we had very very slow service at our table, while other diners got their meals before we did. It was just one of those things I guess, but it did put a damper on what would have otherwise been a very good evening.

Favorite Dish: I don't recall my exact entree but I know it was on top of 6 delicious fried oysters. Tells you what part of the meal 'I' loved!

Instant Answers: Luray

Comments

Luray Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Luray restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Luray sightseeing.