McLean Travel Guide

McLean Things to Do

• Africancrab's Profile Photo
    Tysons Galleria Mall 4 more images

by Africancrab Written Aug 15, 2012

Yes, Very expensive is the rating for this location. I used to be able to afford things from Gucci, and the likes. But then I figured out how to get the same things being sold for $5000 for less, and I stopped looking at tags; I still look good I was told (smile!)

Well, Tysons Galleria is the high end part of Tyson Corner Center's Mall. Its directory includes great dinning and entertainment, not to mention shopping in high end stores/ designer stores like Gucci, Cache', Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bally, to mention but a few. You get the drift? well the restaurants are just as high end and inviting.

We stopped by the Galleria only because there is a Cheesecake Factory there; we have been eating at all the Cheesecake Factory restaurants we find within a 2 hour drive.

Approaching the mall, one can tell it is high end just by the fancy facade and amusing construction of the mall in general. The name Neiman Marcus is seen from the highway as one approaches, but so is the Cheesecake Factory.

If you can afford it, go shopping. We just window shopped and ate cheesecake. Check out my Cheesecake Factory review.

• Women's Travel
    • Luxury Travel

McLean Hotels

McLean Restaurants

• alycat's Profile Photo
    Mint tea 1 more image

by alycat Written May 8, 2013

We were here early evening and the place was pretty quite. It has wonderful Persian art all over and the place has a quaint feel to it, cant pin it down to any culture, middle eastern, asian or whatever, but it definitely has lots of world charm. Its a family owned restaurant and the Dad is an genteel and awesome person, very humble and attentive to the guests. Sebastian, who was our maître d', provides great service and is quick on his feet.

Favorite Dish: We had Salad Olovieh, which tastes like tuna, but is a Persian style baked potato salad mixed with braised shredded chicken, green peas, and pickled cucumbers, great dish to get to started. We are always on the look out for Zereshk Polo and had to get it, which in Persian culture is referred to as the dish of kings. It is made with sweet saffron syrup mixed with the superstars, the tangy barberries, which gives it that amazing zingy taste. This was served with one skewer of Chicken Kabob.

Then pipping hot mint tea to flush it all down and we were surprised when awesome Dad served a complimentary saffron based ice cream for dessert after our meal! Go for it people, you wont regret it!

• alfredop's Profile Photo
    Legal Sea Foods

by alfredop Written Jan 7, 2003

One of my favorite seafood restaurants in the US! When I went to McLean for training, I found out that there was a Legal SeaFood restaurant 5 blocks away from the office and within a shopping center.

During the last days I'd even order and while waiting I'd go shopping for 10 or 15 minutes.

So I ate here almost everyday and had dinner as well once. The place is nice and relaxed. If you'd like a relaxed lunch, the upper level is for you. For a more formal dinner, downstairs, you'll find bigger tables and cool decoration.

The waiters are mostly latin american guys which was cool as they were kind of stranged of seeing a Mexican guy at that high tech city.

Favorite Dish: The clam chowder is a must!

• McLean Hotels

10 Hotels in McLean

368 Reviews and Opinions

Instant Answers: McLean

Comments

McLean Travel Guide
Map of McLean