Natural Bridge Warnings and Dangers

WARNING, NATURAL BRIDGE, VIRGINIA

Best Rated Warnings and Dangers in Natural Bridge

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Slippery stairs, falling rocks and floods

by matcrazy1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

URSZULA (matcrazy0) AND NATURAL BRIDGE

I have one real warning: the stairs down to the gorge were slippery after short rain. Whatever good is your health insurance, watch your steps when wet and hold handrails. I was told about snakes as well. I didn't see any on my trail.

On the trail to Natural Bridge there is a notice (picture 2) to all visitors: WATCH FOR FALLING OBJECTS FROM ABOVE! Proceed with caution and at your own risk. I didn't see any falling rocks. Hmm... seriously I think that they always put similar and numerous warnings in the USA not to be succesfully sued in case of any injury to visitor, even if it never happens.

There is one more warning put along Cedar Creek Nature Trail: flash flood/high water hazard area, do not cross bridge (it's wooden) when levels are high. Well, I think they close the trail when it's going to flood although flood may come very fast (in minutes) in deep and narrow gorge.

• Hiking and Walking

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Book your room in advance!

by matcrazy1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

NATURAL BRIDGE HOTEL

My recommendation is to make a reservation in advance in the only accommodation in Natural Bridge that is at Natural Bridge Hotel. I was there out of high season, on dark, a bit rainy, business, October day, and there was no vacancy except in the most expensive hotel rooms. They cost about $120 while my price category was 40-80. But I think that all rooms (not to mention cottages which were at my price category) may be sold out in summer season and in sunny weekends.

There is Fancy Hill Motel 3 miles away by exit 180 off I-81. Well, being quite relaxed I decided to continue driving south to North Carolina until about midnight. On the way I made a short visit to Pulaski.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Don't believe in all advertisements

by matcrazy1 Updated Sep 25, 2006

NATURAL BRIDGE ZOO ADVERTISEMENT

I visited Natural Bridge because it was on my way and information I found in travel literature taken from Virginia Welcome Center. Well, it is worth a visit for sure. But the place is not that fantastic, btilliant, wonderful, the best in the world etc. as they advertise it. To avoid dissapointment just don't believe in everything what they write about the place.

When I only left freeway (called interstate) I was attacked by giant advertisements of various Natural Bridge attractions. Well, in the USA they at least forbide to put advertisements along freeways/motorways. In some European countries all these young, pretty, semi-nude women put along motorways and advertising new soap or shampoo cause a lot of accidents, I am sure.

Let me only quote what they write about Natural Bridge:
    - Higher Than Niagara Falls,
    - Old As The Down,
    - One Of The 7 Natural Wonders Of The World,
    - A Miracle in Stone,
    - Waterfalls Bathing It's Head in Heaven.
    OK, enough, more you see at place when you come :-).

Instant Answers: Natural Bridge

Comments

Natural Bridge Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Natural Bridge warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Natural Bridge sightseeing.

View all Natural Bridge hotels