Newport News Restaurants

waffle combo (with sausage) for $4.95.
  • corned beef hash, two eggs, grits and toast for $5
    corned beef hash, two eggs, grits and...
    Specials menu

Most Recent Restaurants in Newport News

• davecallahan's Profile Photo

Cracker Barrel Old Country Store: too loud for me

by davecallahan Written Jul 7, 2007

I need earlugs when I go into their dining area ala warehouse. It is a high-ceiling affair with no wall coverings and very few partitions so it is like walking into a high school gymnasium with all of its echos. Conversation is almost impossible so every one keeps talking louder and louder. My wife's family loves this place.

The food is actually pretty good. You can eat light (eggs and grits) or go whole hog (meat and pancakes). My light meal costs under $10 including the ever-fill coffee. My brother-in-law goes for the steak-and-cakes meal that is close to $20 per person. I tend to finish fast and excuse myself from the table (after dropping my share of the bill in the kitty) and go into the country store part of the building where they have the restrooms and peace and quiet.

My wife just loves browsing through all the little stuff they have in the store: souvenier tee shirts; homemade soaps; kites for the kids; chinaware as gift sets; just about everything (there is even a sign that says "kitchen sinks available at the counter").

So, after taking an aspirin for my headache, I'd have to say that if you can stand the noise this is a good place for breakfast.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Belgian Waffle and Steak House: Breakfast All Day

by grandmaR Updated Dec 11, 2005

waffle combo (with sausage) for $4.95.

We stopped here to eat lunch on Sunday. This place was very popular with all kinds of local people - after church for some of them I think. On the menu, they had a story about the origin of the name of Newport News, and also about the origin of the Belgian Waffle.

Favorite Dish: I had corned beef hash, two eggs, grits and toast for $5.65, and Bob had the waffle combo (with sausage) for $4.95. They also have non-breakfast food, and take-out is available.

Instant Answers: Newport News

Comments

Newport News Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Newport News restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Newport News sightseeing.