Norton Off The Beaten Path

High Knob Lookout

Most Recent Off The Beaten Path in Norton

Lookout Tower

by Ye_Old_Curiosity Updated Apr 4, 2011

I found this picture of the lookout tower on the internet. I'm not aware of when it was taken.

Anyway, I've been to the lookout tower once. Good lord, what a great view. You can see 5 states from this tower (Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina, and Kentucky). You really have to see it. It'll take your breath away.

High Knob Lookout
    • Adventure Travel

Hiking

by Ye_Old_Curiosity Written May 22, 2003

The only thing more fun than camping with your buddies is hiking with your buddies... especially around the resevoir (okay, so my spelling is oviously off this morning. Too tired to look it up tin the dictionary, so bare with me here).

There's also horse back riding available. I've not done it yet, so I can't tell you much about it. The only horses I've been on were at my grandparents' house, and that was a loooong time ago.

This is something I need to do this summer.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Horse Riding

Camping

by Ye_Old_Curiosity Written May 22, 2003

I love to go camping. My first camping trip to high knob was about 3 years ago. It's the absolute best fun to go with friends. And believe me, you'll have no problem finding a place to pitch your tent.

There's nothing better than flashlight tag in the middle of the woods.

• Camping

Instant Answers: Norton

Comments

Norton Off The Beaten Path

Reviews and photos of Norton off the beaten path posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Norton sightseeing.