Occoquan Tourist Traps

by zanzooni

Most Recent Tourist Traps in Occoquan

• b1bob's Profile Photo

by b1bob Updated Jun 15, 2006

We had considered popping in here for dessert after walking about the little historic town of Occoquan. See, we sometimes like to pop in expensive places for dessert or an appetiser to get all the atmosphere and get a little something good to eat without paying an arm and a leg. However, the sign says you have to order a full meal in order to be seated. I never heard of such a snooty rule in my life. Even the more expensive restaurants in Richmond, like Tobacco Company are glad to serve you dessert or a drink. I don't see what harm going in there for dessert does. It was closed the day we were there anyhow and I hope permanently. I will give Belgique Gourmande credit for one thing: they post this rule on their website and in the window, so don't say you weren't warned.

Unique Suggestions: I don't know how you would have to endure this, but if you get suckered in, order the least expensive thing on the menu and, if you're buying leave a lilliputian tip.

Fun Alternatives: There are plenty of other less snooty restaurants at which to get a bite to eat.

• zanzooni's Profile Photo

Overpriced Virginia Wines...

by zanzooni Updated Dec 26, 2004

This wine seller specializes in Virgina winery's supposed finest. The day that Denise and I were there, we tasted a Merlot..and it was god awful..bitter, and made us both want to brush our teeth or at least chew gum. The best part of this bargain, was the wine went for about $22.00 a bottle..Now I know that I can get a good french or Cali Cabernet Sauvignon for less, and be very satisfied. This is not to knock VA wines. There are some good ones out there...but you can tour the vineyards and visit the winery's in a day trip.

Unique Suggestions: The building itself is historic, and the interior is quaint, and "old-timey"

Inside the Wine Shoppe
    • Wine Tasting
    • Architecture

Instant Answers: Occoquan

Comments

Occoquan Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Occoquan tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Occoquan sightseeing.