Emilio's Tapas Bar, Richmond

1847 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23220 (804) 359-1224

Know about this? Rate It!

Jazz band at Emilio's
    by b1bob
  • b1bob's Profile Photo

Emilio's Tapas Bar: A little live band with your tapas?

by b1bob Updated Sep 16, 2006

Jazz band at Emilio's

Emilio's is a very good restaurant as mentioned in the restaurant tip, but it a night spot in its own right. They have a nightclub every night at 10:30pm to 2am. Every night is different with jazz, blues, karaoke, reggae, ritmo, Latin...even bluegrass, and the list of live music, as well as the beat, goes on. When Lee and I happened upon this place, they had a jazz band. The music wasn't bad, but the low ceilings and small space (which make it a cozy eating place) led to an acoustical nightmare from my stand point (even in small places like this, they crank up the amps as though they were playing in the Richmond Coliseum). Our table in the non-smoking section was right in front. It would have been okay to have a pianist tinkling softly in the background. While I wasn't used to the volume of the music, Lee was really getting into it.

Dress Code: Well, Lee and I were dressed casually from two earlier events that evening, however I saw people dressed a lot less formally than we were. The one style of music not seen on their live entertainment roster was opera, or any other type of classical music, for that matter. So, I don't know of any real dress code other than shirt and shoes.

Instant Answers: Richmond