Know about this? Rate It!
Richmond's Byrd Theater
Located in the heart of the artsy Carytown district of Richmond, there is a grand ole theater called the "Byrd", named for William Byrd I and II. Its name around Richmond is "Richmond's Movie Place", and has been in business since 1928. Its claim to fame is to be the first in Virginia to have a sound system, which was a big deal back then. Although during our walking tour, we did not get a chance to go inside, I understand the inside is just as stunning as the outside in terms of history.
The Byrd also offers a pretty unique price, of $1.99/person, which is far lower than the modern movie theaters.
- Historical Travel
- Arts and Culture
- Road Trip
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Richmond Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Scarborough Junction Hotels
- Phnom Penh Hotels
- Isla Holbox
- Oriole Beach Hotels
- Whitemarsh Island Hotels
- Los Angeles Off The Beaten Path
- Rome Off The Beaten Path
- Hawaii (Big Island) Off The Beaten Path
- Missouri Off The Beaten Path
- South Dakota Off The Beaten Path
- Kansas City Off The Beaten Path
- New Orleans Off The Beaten Path
- South Carolina Off The Beaten Path
- Virginia Beach Off The Beaten Path
- Florence Off The Beaten Path
- Prague Off The Beaten Path