Know about this? Rate It!
Shockoe Slip is the name give to the area on the Southeastern side of Richmond's financial district, which is also the area closest to the river. This area was fairly unique, as we went from a fairly modern paved city back in time to a set of streets with a cobblestone feel, and an older, more historic feel to it. This nine block radius is home to warehouses, tobacco storage buildings, wholesale outlets and mills since the 1780s, but the area was leveled by the War between the States and was quickly rebuilt afterward. This would definitely be the area during your trip to look for antiques, jewelry, or an older world feel.
- Road Trip
- Historical Travel
- Budget Travel
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Richmond Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Tokyo Hotels
- Cambria Hotels
- Clearwater Beach
- Amlan Hotels
- Tai Tam Hotels
- Boracay Island
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path