Know about this? Rate It!
St. John's Church
Visiting St. John's church is a must do for anyone who visits Richmond. St. John's church is one of the most historic churches in the entire country. This is the famous place where Patrick Henry gave his "give me liberty or give me death speech." This church is one of the oldest architectural designs of Richmond. Most bus tours make sure they stop here because of the rich history it brings out. There are daily tours given at the church and the hosts where traditional old american attire from the 1700's. If you get lucky, you may be able to go one Sunday when they actually do the reenactment of the actual speech itself. The burial grounds surrounding the church are quite historic and lay rest 2 former Virginia governors. Many other notable people of Richmond are buried here, and the tombstones are feats themselves, with some of the most elaborate designs. There is a small gift shop behind the church which sells gifts for family and historical gifts symbolizing Patrick Henry and the church. This church is still open for service and I would highly recommend this for anyone visiting Richmond.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Richmond Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Los Angeles Off The Beaten Path
- Ireland Off The Beaten Path
- Missouri Off The Beaten Path
- Chiang Mai Off The Beaten Path
- Montreal Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Berlin
- New Orleans Off The Beaten Path
- South Carolina Off The Beaten Path
- Asheville Off The Beaten Path
- Madrid Off The Beaten Path
- Prague Off The Beaten Path
- Arkansas Off The Beaten Path