Anthony and George's, Richmond

4 out of 5 stars 1 Reviews

7505 Staples Mill Road, Richmond, VA 23228 (804) 266-4182

Anthony & George's
    by b1bob
    fried scallops and baked potato
    by b1bob
  • b1bob's Profile Photo

Anthony and George's: Anthony and George's

by b1bob Updated Sep 22, 2006

Anthony & George's

Anthony and George's is a steak and seafood restaurant in Richmond's north side on Staples Mill Road next to the Amtrak station. In fact, Anthony and George's benefits from the frequent significant delays experienced by passangers waiting to leave and folks waiting to meet someone at the train station. There really isn't much ambience to this place, but they pass the savings (in lack of decor) onto being able to charge less for good American-style food. They offer liver and onions, barbecue, spaghetti and other pasta, many cuts of steak, and many varieties of seafood. Also, they offer lunch and supper specials which vary by the day. The service was very attentive. Our waitress who happened to be elderly had been at it all day long and she was having a bad day (not with my friend and me), but she was still going strong in the early evening. I have to admire her stamina.

en español, em português, en français

Favorite Dish: I had thought I would order some cut of steak, but I ended up having the fried scallops with baked potato and side salad. Ever since I was a 6-year old kid eating adult portions of fried scallops in Nags Head, I never have been able to refuse them. Maybe I was more hungry than usual the day I ate here, but my only complaint is that maybe they could have maybe put four of five more fried scallops on my plate. It was so good, I recommended it to my folks who went the following Friday night and they had the flounder.

Instant Answers: Richmond

Comments

Hotels Near Anthony and George's
3.0 out of 5 stars