Bottoms Up Pizza, Richmond

1700 Dock St., Richmond, VA 23223 804 644 4400

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Bottoms Up Pizza - Shockoe Slip

by Ewingjr98 Written Feb 9, 2009

Bottoms Up Pizza began in 1990 and moved to its current location in 1992. Year after year, Bottoms Up has been consistently awarded as not just Richmond's best pizza, but one of the city's favorite local restaurants.

Their menu has a wide variety of signature pizzas, plus build your own pizzas, pizza pockets, wings and bread sticks, even burgers, pasta, and salads. Some of the items on the menu are a little expensive, such as the large loaded pizza for $25, but they are worth every dime! The specialty pizzas come with either red or white sauce and include your standard meat, veggie, and supreme pizzas. They also have some very unique creations like the State Fair pizzas with mustard, sausage, caramelized onions and roasted red peppers; the Chesapeake pizzas with crabmeat and sweet onions seasoned with Old Bay; and the Goat in the Garden pizza with spinach, Roma tomatoes, goat cheese and roasted garlic.

In the summer they have live music on their upstairs deck on Thursdays and Sundays.

• Bottoms Up Pizza: You gotta check it out!

by heathermj3 Written Feb 22, 2007

I'm new to the Richmond area, but when family comes into town, we HAVE to go to Bottom's Up! I'm from NY, so for me to recommend a pizza joint, it's gotta be really good. Totally different from NY style pizza, but AMAZING! Remember to order less than you think you're ordering, the pizzas are inches thick! As far as ambience, the trains aren't that loud, you're outside downtown, what do you expect? And my kids love the trains. Service has always been great. You have to wait a bit for your food, but it's worth it.

Favorite Dish: Jo Jo's pizza: shrimp, feta cheese, I was skeptical at first but I have to get it every time!

• b1bob's Profile Photo

Bottoms Up Pizza: Bottoms Up Pizza

by b1bob Updated Jun 14, 2006

Bottoms Up Pizza

This pizzeria really thinks outside the box in terms of different styles of pizzas. The only bad thing doesn't have a thing to do with the food, but rather the location. It is located slap underneath a railroad tressle. It's not so bad when the passenger trains pass over, but when the freight trains pass over, you can't hear yourself think. The food was great, but the noise of trains passing overhead can be distracting. Due to the flooding on 30 August 2004 caused by the remnants of Hurricane Gaston, this restaurant was closed until the summer 2005.

Because Bottom's Up was conveniently located at the end of our Canal Walk tour, David, Lee, and I decided to welcome them back by going to supper there. The slices of pizza are really more like 1/2 pizza, so ordering by the slice was the economic way to go. Lee must have been extra hungry because he ordered a monster plate of nachos beforehand which was a challenge for all 3 of us to eat and still be hungry for the entree.

Favorite Dish: The Greek (style pizza): spinach, tomatoes, onions, feta cheese, pepperoni and black olives is good either by the whole pie or by the slice.

• Karnubawax's Profile Photo

Bottoms Up Pizza: The Right Side of the Tracks!

by Karnubawax Written Oct 7, 2005

Out on Deck next to the Tracks

Bottom's Up is a great pizza restaurant and bar in the heart of Shockoe Bottom. It was very badly damaged during the last big flood that tore through here a few years ago, but it's back and hoppin.'

I had the pleasure of dining here with B1bob and Gipper84 after our rather lengthy but beautiful jaunt on the Canalwalk. We were ready to pig out, but the service was a bit slow, as it was kinda busy. Our server, Anna, was facing a trial by fire on her first night, so we cut her some slack - though Nat did whisper "did they have to grow the corn for your nachos?" Said nachos finally arrived, a very large heap of 'em, which we attacked - not bad but nothing to write home about.

Then the pizza... I had a Chesapeake slice - white sauce, crabmeat, and parmesan - and it was every bit as rich as it sounds. Oh, yeah... the slices, BTW, are HUGE! - one and an appetizer is plenty, and two could stuff just about any man I know. Nat went with the Greek slice, which was quite good, and Lee ordered the Meat Master, which was very aptly named.

We ate out on the deck, which was nice as it was a little warm out, sharing our space with other eating and drinking (mostly drinking) folk who were watching football and having a good ol' time. Would I go back there? Hell, I wish I was there now!

• acemj's Profile Photo

Bottoms Up: Great pizza!

by acemj Updated Jul 9, 2003

The food was great here, but Nat and I sat out on the back porch right underneath some train tracks and when the train rumbled by, the noise was awful!. Despite that, the restaurant was great.

Favorite Dish: We had a Greek pizza that was outstanding.

Instant Answers: Richmond

Comments

Hotels Near Bottoms Up Pizza
0.3 miles away