Brasilian Cafe, Richmond

BRASILIAN CAFE - ENTRANCE DOWNSTAIRS

Brasilian Cafe: Beef in a Brazilian way

by matcrazy1 Updated Dec 6, 2004

BEEF

Urszula (matcrazy0) studied the menu considerably and, with my help and Nat's, she finally took a decision.

Favorite Dish: Urszula had some beef with either white cheese or sauce served with tortillas and rice with vegetables. We shared our meals, and I must admit that this, unique for me beef, tasted great.

We paid $39.07 (with tax, add a tip) for 3 meals and drinks.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Brasilian Cafe: Guaraná drink first, please!

by matcrazy1 Updated Nov 26, 2004

BRASILIAN  CAFE  -  ENTRANCE  DOWNSTAIRS

When we walked to Jefferson Hotel, Urszula (matcrazy0) discovered this new restaurant looking for the bathroom. On the way back we ate supper there. For awhile, we were the only consumers on that particular Wednesday night. A couple of students turned up as we were finishing our meal. Nat enjoyed talking with a waiter and the owner (a native Brazilian) in Portuguese.

Favorite Dish: First we followed the suggestion of Nat and ordered Guarana to drink. It tasted very good, a bit like Cream Soda.

What is Guaraná?
    It is a tropical plant with small red fruit with a high caffeine content. Folks in Amazon region used to chew guaraná seeds as a source of energy or drink the powder dissolved in water. Nat told us that guaraná is also a very popular soft drink in Brazil. Guaraná is available in cans in Brazil and Latin stores in the USA but not in my country, Poland.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Brasilian Cafe: Bife Acebolado? What's that?

by matcrazy1 Updated Nov 26, 2004

BIFE  ACEBOLADO,  BLACK  BEANS,  RICE

Urszula and I ate in a Brazilian restaurant the second time in life (first in Krakow, Poland) and we became lovers of Brazilian food haha.

The waiter was very nice although we had to wait maybe a little bit too long for our meals. But... I can't complain.

Favorite Dish: Nat and I ordered a meal called the Bife Acebolado. What's that?

Look at my picture. It is a loin steak topped with caramelized onions and served with a side of black beans and rice. The steak was grilled as it should be (I prefer well done). Black beans are not popular in Poland, I can't remember whether I ate them before. Anyway, I liked them a lot.

Instant Answers: Richmond