Buz and Ned's Real Barbecue, Richmond

4 out of 5 stars 4 Stars - 5 Reviews

1117 North Boulevard 804-355-6055

several different kinds of beans
    Buz and Ned's
    by b1bob
    good things come to those who wait
  • camille59's Profile Photo

Buz & Ned's: Best BBQ in Richmond

by camille59 Written Mar 7, 2010

Very basic atmosphere for a BBQ place. Outside seating is the best - not a lot of room inside. Take out is available. What they do is great BBQ!

Favorite Dish: The brisket is my favorite at Buz & Ned's - lean beef, thin sliced, tender and a great smoky flavor.

• Buz & Ned's: Went there last night

by IronWill Written May 15, 2008

I went there with a friend last night for the first time. We both got the pork barbeque sandwich meal. The serving size on the "small" meal was huge; we got a big sandwich with lots of meat plus two sides. The barbeque wasn't bad, but both me and my friend agreed we'd had better. I was expecting real pulled pork, but instead it was chopped up and mixed with sauce. In my opinion, real barbeque should be served with sauce on the side, so it can be added to taste. I felt like the sauce overwhelmed the meat, and I thought the sauce was a little too sweet for pork (it would probably be great on chicken). I'll try Buz & Ned's again, but next time I'll opt for the ribs.

• b1bob's Profile Photo

Buz and Ned's Real Barbecue: Real barbecue, just not fast

by b1bob Updated Sep 30, 2007

Buz and Ned's

Buz and Ned's is one of the best barbecue places in Richmond. They have the awards and good reviews to back that claim up. In 2007, a Food Network star, Iron Chef Bobby Flay, challenged Buz here in Richmond for a cookoff in his programme called "Throwdown." Of course, Buz sent him back up North with his head held low. They serve real Texas style slow cooked barbecue. In barbecue, slow does not necessarily mean poor service. See, it takes time to make barbecue correctly and those folks in that much of a hurry can just go on over to Dunn's and get the worst barbecue ever. Here, you place your order at the counter, you wait, and they call your name when the order is up. They also do takeaway and catering. There is indoor and outdoor dining and a wide range of beers and soft drinks.

Favorite Dish: I had the pulled chicken sandwich. Lee had the pulled pork sandwich. We shared a pint of baked beans (there was more than one kind of bean in there) and Lee had macaroni and 3 cheeses and root beer to drink. Together with my barbecue and beans, I had a black cherry soft drink. It had come up a cloud earlier in the day, so the weather was just right to eat outdoors. It doesn't get much better than eating great barbecue outdoors together with a good friend and a baseball game coming up.

• gipper84's Profile Photo

Buz and Ned's Real Barbecue: Real Barbecue Takes Time

by gipper84 Written Jul 15, 2005

Nat and I stumbled upon Buzz and Ned's on our way to a Richmond Brave's game since the restaurant is right near the ballpark, and man were we lucky. Buzz and Ned's is a really good restaurant. Now I will warn you, that it takes about 15 to maybe 20 minutes to get the food ordered and actually get it from the kitchen, but trust me it is well worth the wait. Now the inside of the restaurant is fairly small and crowded so I would recommend eating outside under the umbrellas, especially if the weather is nice.

Favorite Dish: The barbecue sandwich that I had was just delicious. I must say that, that was one of the best barbecue's I had ever had, and by far the best in Richmond. The sauce was just right, and had a good ole kick to it. The mac and cheese was good, especially because it had 3 cheeses. The baked beans was also really good. The beans were huge and they gave us a real large portion of beans. I had to have Nat finish some of mine off because I couldn't eat it all myself.

• Hopkid's Profile Photo

Buz and Ned's Real Barbecue: Boulevard - Best BBQ in Richmond

by Hopkid Written Mar 14, 2005

Real BBQ!

Seriously good BBQ at this hole in the wall joint on a main drag that is easy to miss. Small but nicely updated seating area. Your chioce of pulled pork, ribs, chicken, brisket, you name it. Wash it down with a beer, root beer, or lemonade and you're all set.

Favorite Dish: Great flavors in their sauce make any choice a good one.

Instant Answers: Richmond

Comments

Hotels Near Buz and Ned's Real Barbecue
3.0 out of 5 stars