El Toro Loco, Richmond

• b1bob's Profile Photo

El Toro Loco: Fair to middling Mexican in Richmond

by b1bob Updated Nov 3, 2007

El Toro Loco

For years, I have been looking for a Mexican restaurant around town that is better than La Casita. After a night at El Toro Loco...I'm still looking, but they are better than some. The atmosphere was definitely Mexican, but it was not over the top. I felt really comfortable and cozy eating here. The service was fast and the waiters were friendly.

Favorite Dish: The complimentary tortilla chips were served warm and fresh. Too bad the white and the red sauces weren't up to scratch. I had the combination 16 which consists of two enchiladas and one taco served together with Spanish rice and refried beans. At many other local Mexican restaurants, I have had bad luck with the Spanish or Mexican rice being dry and containing such unlikely ingredients as peas or carrots, but I was pleasantly surprised at the rice here. On refried beans: I'm not sure there is anything that can be done to improve them. They could have put more seasoning on the enchilada and the taco meat, but the food gave me heartburn later that night.

en español, em português

Instant Answers: Richmond

Comments

Hotels Near El Toro Loco
3.0 out of 5 stars