Galaxy Diner, Richmond

• b1bob's Profile Photo

Galaxy Diner: It's outta this world

by b1bob Updated Sep 22, 2006

Galaxy Diner

Galaxy Diner is not an ordinary diner. This one had a futuristic space theme evident in the decor. Normally, I don't pay much attention to ambience, but I really enjoyed the atmosphere here together with the Carytown neighbourhood. The decor was "outta this world", but the service was a lacklustre. First of all, it took more than a half hour for them to serve Lee and me. In all fairness, the restaurant was packed, but some folks seated after us were served before us. On top of that, there was only one place setting of silverware in a booth which seats two or more.

en español, em português, en français

Favorite Dish: The food was better than middling. I had the Final Frontier Omelette which contains ham, green peppers, mushrooms, onions, and cheese. All Interplanetary Breakfast items are served with a choice of two of the following: hash browns, stewed tomatoes, or apples with biscuit or toast. I chose the hash browns and apples, together with toast. Lee seemed to be perfectly satisfied with his nachos. The omelet was great, but the hash browns were a little dry.

• gipper84's Profile Photo

Galaxy Diner: Out of this world!

by gipper84 Written Jun 19, 2005

Galaxy diner is one of the craziest restaurants in Richmond. It has the most impressive atmosphere, which correlates with its name. Right when you walk in the door you are hit with a wave of space age theme, with photos of old u.f.o shows, and an impressive display of mirrors. The restaurant was quite crowded and has very little, what I like to call moving room. It has a bar, at which you can sit and eat, and it has, like all diners a neat little jukebox. I was seated at the back of the restaurant in one of the booths. I ordered the Galaxy Nachos, and had them hold the sour cream and jalapenos. The service started off quite quick, with the waiter bringing us our drinks and taking our order. However after that, Nat and I learned we were in for a good little wait. As we sat and caught up on good ole times, our stomachs constantly reminded us of how long the wait dragged on. Finally our food was brought, and we dug in. The nachos were okay, with the chili sauce kinda overdone, and very little meat. Nat said his omlet was okay as well. Overall we thought the ambience outweighed the service and food by far. I would recommend this restaurant though, because of the unique design inside. If you are traveling through Carytown, and have a good bit of time on your hands, take a respite in Galaxy Diner.

Instant Answers: Richmond

Comments

Hotels Near Galaxy Diner
3.5 out of 5 stars