Julep's (new southern cuisine), Richmond

5 out of 5 stars 1 Reviews

1719 East Franklin Street, Richmond VA 23223 (804) 377-3968

• Julep's (new southern cuisine)
    by gipper84
  • gipper84's Profile Photo

Julep's (new southern cuisine): Wine and Dine all the way!

by gipper84 Updated Jul 15, 2005

Julep's is probably the nicest restaurant in Richmond. The atmosphere alone will blow you away right when you walk in the door. Everything is done is traditional polished wood, and the restaurant just gleams, even though the inside is somewhat dark, and dimly lit to add to the aura of the fine dining experience. If you happen to eat upstairs, you get to climb this really nice black steel swirling stairs, and upstairs the restaurant is so nice. Meghan and I when we went there got placed by the fireplace and next to the candle which was burning with homemade wine. The scent was one that I won't forget, it just added so much more to the atmosphere and really topped off the exclamation for me. I would recommend at least a shirt and tie for this event, and only go on special occasion. This restaurant is a real treat for that special someone, or just a really good friend's birthday.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed everything from the stuffed shrimp appetizer, to the surf and turf for the main course. The surf and turf( which is filet mignon, and lobster) is really out of this world. I could have cut that steak with a butter knife, because it was so tender. The lobster was excellent and a must if you like seafood. The best part about the steak was that the spices they cooked into it were so good that I didn't even need a steak sauce which is rare for me. The dessert really topped the whole night off. Meghan and I shared a piece of Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake. This was just a mouth watering treat to top off a great main dish. The cheese cake was covered in a real rich chocolate syrup, and the cheesecake itself was perfect. Definetly try that, or I have heard that the pecan pie is really good.

Instant Answers: Richmond

Comments

Hotels Near Julep's (new southern cuisine)
4.0 out of 5 stars