Kitchen 64, Richmond

steak, eggs and grits
  • Kitchen 64: Horrible Treatment Of Elderly

by jessev360 Written Oct 22, 2010

Horrible Treatment of Elderly

I took my 81 year old elderly mother today to Kitchen 64 in Richmond, VA 10/22/10 for lunch at 1:50pm. She is handicapped, and walks with a cane. We requested a booth to accommodate her bad back and poor walking legs. She suffers from the early stages of glaucoma (recently operated on) and a bad case of shingles. The waiter said no, we are not a party of three so she refused to seat us at a booth though seven out of about nine booths were available. I asked the Manager and she also said no, "not a party of three." I explained my mother's special need and they saw my 81 year old elderly mother on a cane, standing right next to me, hobbling when she walks. They still refused to accommodate her aching legs and her poor eyesight not wanting to sit unsafe in the middle of the room. "Those are the rules," she kept repeating (the manager and the waiter), so we had to leave. Horrible management! Horrible and insensitive treatment of our elderly. Horrible treatment of our handicapped! They should be ashamed and should lose their license to serve for such insensitive and unconscionable behavior. How dare them treat our elderly and handicapped like that! I will never go in there again and hope you do the same. Pitiful, that is what they are - Absolutely pitiful.

Favorite Dish: None

• b1bob's Profile Photo

Kitchen 64: rare treat north of Broad

by b1bob Updated Oct 17, 2010

Kitchen 64

I had never heard of Kitchen 64 until Lee took me here for the birthday most recent to this writing. There's a good reason for that. Although it's near the confluence of Interstates 64 and 95, it's located at the northernmost part of the Boulevard where people going off the interstate for a bite to eat or to the Diamond for a ball game might miss it. Aside from the main restaurant, an ice cream stand called Sweet 95 across the parking lot. I'm not sure if the ice cream stand is open during the winter months, but it's one way they can get you to have dessert before you go. The waitress was unprepared. She stopped herself in mid-order to fetch her notepad, but other than that, the service was prompt.

Favorite Dish: Because we came in on Saturday afternoon, the only menus available were breakfast and brunch. So, I had the steak and eggs with grits and toast. The steak was cooked perfectly (just the way I like it extra medium) and the eggs over hard. The only beef I had was the grits had a creamy consistency and the toast was as dry as British humor. On the big stuff, Kitchen 64 was spot on, but lack of attention to detail makes the difference between a great experience as opposed to one that is merely very satisfying. They really do well with their portion sizes. You don't leave that restaurant hungry.

Instant Answers: Richmond

Comments

Hotels Near Kitchen 64
3.5 out of 5 stars