Lucille's Southern Cuisine, Richmond

5 out of 5 stars 1 Reviews

1203 North Laburnum Ave., Richmond, VA 23223 (804) 644-1646

Lucille's Southern Cuisine
    by b1bob
    fried chicken, fries, and collard greens
    by b1bob
  • b1bob's Profile Photo

Lucille's Southern Cuisine: More Southern soul in Richmond

by b1bob Written Oct 22, 2008

A new Southern-style restaurant opened just east of Richmond at the relatively new Dominion Village shopping centre. The other soul restaurants in town (Sugar & Spice, Family Secrets, and Croaker's Spot) are all in older buildings and are not quite as bright inside. However, on walking in, you could smell the love that soul food requires coming out of the kitchen. I only wish I could capture the aroma to include in this tip. The waiter was very friendly and attentive and the portions were so large I almost reached for a takeaway box. All meals come with a roll or cornbread and most include any two sides of your choice. Lucille's is open Tuesdays to Thursdays from 11am- 8 pm; Fridays and Saturdays 11am-9pm; and Sundays from 12pm-9pm.

Favorite Dish: I had the fried chicken dinner with rolls, collard greens, and fries. The chicken was nice and tender as were the slow-cooked collard greens. The fries were great too, but what stood out as the best were the rolls. They were reminiscent of the rolls I had in elementary school (back when school food was good). I know I'll be back and I recommend y'all stop here when you come through Richmond.

Lucille's Southern Cuisine fried chicken, fries, and collard greens