Palacio Latino, Richmond

4108 Meadowdale Boulevard, Richmond, VA 23234 (804) 275-2261

• b1bob belting out
    b1bob belting out "Mississippi Squirrel...
    pollo asado (muy seco)
    Palacio Latino
  • wenchers's Profile Photo

palacio latino resturaunt: Ughh

by wenchers Written Jan 23, 2011

Recently moved here and trying to find a new decent restaurant. Walked in and immediately had attitude from the waitress. There is a sign that says "Please wait to be seated" so we walked in and stood there. The waitress came up rolled her eyes and looked at us like we were annoying her. So we went and found a table. We ordered our drinks, which felt like a accomplishment because she spoke VERY little english. She came back to take our order and we had to point out what we wanted... more eye rolling and sense of annoyance included. After a few minutes she came back and informed us that they did not have the item i ordered. So picked something else out pointing and all... trying to pick something that was easy. After a while of sitting there waiting for awhile two more tables of people came in and placed their orders and after about five to ten minuets their food arrived. Checking the time it had been 40 minuets since we ordered and there were only 2 of us with simple meals. The other tables had four or five people each. At the 45 minuet mark my dining buddy was frustrated and hungry. We decided to go somewhere else. My advice would be if you are going here take someone who speaks spanish, you might actually get your food! Our waitress was laughing and having a a good time with the people who spoke spanish. But she never once came back to check on us or at least tell us there was a delay. Will not be going back here! and WILL NOT recommend it to anyone!

Favorite Dish: Would love to have if we would have received our food.

• b1bob's Profile Photo

Palacio Latino: Salvadorean food with a kick

by b1bob Updated Jun 14, 2006

Palacio Latino

Palacio Latino was the second choice of Adam, Jonathan, Bill, Lee, and me. We had originally intended to go to El Cafetal Colombian restaurant to try a different type of Latin American cuisine. However, some in the group were nonplussed at the lack of seating and some were not familiar enough with the cuisine to feel comfortable with trying it. Fortunately, at the same strip mall was the El Salvadorean restaurant where we ended up. Lee and I had tried Salvadorean food before, but Bill, Adam, and Jonathan hadn't yet. It was much livelier than the more spartan pupuseria on Jefferson Davis Highway. It happened to be alive with Latin tunes on karaoke night. I don't know how the rest of the lot did it, but they talked me into singing Mississippi Squirrel Revival. The food was reasonably priced- roughly the same price as the other Salvadorean place, but the atmosphere was much livelier and would have been even if it weren't karaoke night.

Favorite Dish: I had the pollo asado grilled chicken served together with salad, rice, beans, and tortillas garnished with lime juice. Lee had a type of beef stew. Bill had shrimp quesadillas. Adam and Jonathan came along for the ride because I haven't yet got them to try much foreign food. That'll change, folks. The food was not quite as good as the other place: the chicken was a little dry, but it was a great experience by and large.

Instant Answers: Richmond