River City Diner, Richmond

4 out of 5 stars 3 Reviews

3 locations in the Richmond area

River City Diner
    by b1bob
  • River City Diner: Good, simple, affordable eats.

by Buckmarko Written Aug 12, 2007

Good stuff. It's nicely located next to Farmer's Market. We had lunch and then went to the market for some sweets. It's traditional diner fare and it's very affordable. Our party had reubens, burgers, and a club. They were all very yummy. We went there after seeing historical sites downtown. I highly recommend it for a nice diner lunch.

Favorite Dish: Burgers. Yep, it's very cliche, but they do it gourmet style.

• b1bob's Profile Photo

River City Diner: River City Diner

by b1bob Updated Jun 19, 2006

River City Diner

This would appear to be a real b1bob kind of place. River City tries to play the part of an old-time diner complete with countertop jukeboxes and there was a lot of neon. I guess I'm spoilt by Frisco's in California, but I was disappointed in there being no waitresses on roller skates or no fried mushroom appetisers. Furthermore, I put 25¢ in to hear California Dreamin' by The Mamas and the Papas (I bet you thought I only listened to the likes of Merle Haggard and Waylon Jennings.) So, be warned. Feeding the tabletop jukebox will not necessarily yield your song at River City Diner.

Favorite Dish: I had the liver and onions with fries and a baked potato. The service was very quick and friendly. (Imagine how quick it would be if the waitress came on roller skates.) The portions were big enough to even fill me up and the food was very good. Despite my disappointment with a few aspects of River City Diner, nothing can quite hold a candle to Frisco's and the most important thing the food and service were excellent, so I'm very satisfied with it.

• RsbrySwrrl's Profile Photo

River City Diner: Retro Slick Diner with two locations

by RsbrySwrrl Updated Jul 2, 2004

The decor is retro, with lots of chrome and a sweet jukebox. It's located in Shockoe Bottom, so it can get crowded on the weekends. But go on a Thursday evening and you'll be fine. Great beer specials and yummy breakfast food (my favorite!). Plus the prices are so reasonable!

**They have another location right off I-95 at the Parham Rd. West exit.

Favorite Dish: I love everything on the Breakfast page of the menu! Plus the grilled chicken sandwich is great too.

Instant Answers: Richmond

Comments

Hotels Near River City Diner
3.5 out of 5 stars