Ukrop's Cafe, Richmond

• b1bob's Profile Photo

Ukrop's Cafe: Simple and quick

by b1bob Updated Jun 19, 2006

Ukrop's Grill & Cafe

In every Ukrop's supermarket they have a grill with a modest range of things they can prepare for you whilst you wait and shop. If you don't have time to wait on them to custom make you a chicken sandwich or something, the deli offers a wider range of sandwiches and prepared foods such as fried chicken.

Favorite Dish: From the grill, I like to get the chicken sandwich with sauteed onions and mushrooms on an onion roll. I like to get potato crisps with a tomato, lettuce, and dill pickle garnish. When I'm in more of a hurry like gipper84 and I were one evening, I just got a fried chicken breast and some collard greens. It's good for folks in a really big hurry, but I wouldn't call this fine dining by any stretch.

• gipper84's Profile Photo

Ukrop's Cafe: If you can't find anything here: your fault

by gipper84 Written Jul 31, 2005

Ukrop's cafe

Ukrop's Cafe is one of my most favorite places to go during my lunch break at the bank. I literally go there about 3 or 4 times a week, and call B1Bob as I enjoy my all too brief lunch break. Ukrop's cafe really offers a wide variety of food, from a salad bar that has virtually 40 or 50 items and offers a wide variety of salad types. It even has seafood salad, which might I add is really good, although you have to dig for the shrimp because people tend to pick that out first. The cafe also has a deli which serves sandwiches, it has a pizza section which serves pizza, calzones, and strombolli. My most favorite part of the cafe though has to be the hot food bar, and the ready made meals next to it. What I mean by the hot food bar, is literally every day Ukrop's lays out a variety of food like chicken alfredo, salisbury steak, meatballs, sliced turkey, meatloaf and other main entrees as well as a host of side dishes ranging from brocoli casserole, home fries, and other greens. The hot food bar is priced by the pound, so you can get as much as you want for 5.99 a pd. The ready made meals usually include chicken tenders, barbecue, white and dark meat fried chicken, as well as popcorn chicken, and some sort of pasta. Overall if you are in the mood for food, but can't quite make up your mind, Ukrop's cafe is a sure bet, and offers a wide variety of good food.

Instant Answers: Richmond