Know about this? Rate It!
Cheap Souveniers - Part 1 - Confederate Money
When I come back from a trip, I like to have a little something for everyone I work with. Unfortunately, I work with about 50 people. A great, cheap souvenier from Virginia is Confederate money. It's not real, of course, but it's certainly a conversation piece.
What to pay: I got mine at the gift shop at Berkeley Plantation on the James River. A package of 8-10 assorted bills costs $1.50. What you do is buy a whole bunch, go back to your work flashing your huge wad, and announce "I won the confederate lottery!" Then share the wealth!
PS - If someone says, "but they're not real," give them a mean look, shake your fist and say, "they'll be real soon enough!"
- Budget Travel
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Richmond Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Marshalltown Hotels
- Red Lodge
- Rawis Hotels
- Departamento de Masaya
- Provincia de Manabí Hotels
- South Stack Hotels