Staunton Restaurants

• davecallahan's Profile Photo

Klines Dairy Bar: not just ice cream.... it's Klines

by davecallahan Updated Feb 20, 2007

Klines logo

In Rochester, NY, we have a local favorite for ice cream called Abbotts. I have been several places in my travels and had not found an equal in taste and texture to Abbotts until we went to Staunton, VA.

At the motel (Sleep Inn), my wife was talking to the desk attendant and happened to mention that she would like to find a place and get a dish of ice cream. The attendant smiled and gave us directions to Klines and said "you're gonna like it". The directions were a bit of a problem and we got lost among the several route 11's that there are in Staunton but eventually made it to the place (about 15 minutes before closing time). The drive was worth it. Not exactly Abbotts, but close enough to be a fraternal twin. I got a dish of chocolate and my wife got a large-size vanilla cone with chocolate sprinkles. Delicious.

We thanked the hotel attendant when we got back to the Sleep Inn and he just said "I knew you'd like it".

Favorite Dish: chocolate in a dish

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Stop-In Food Store: The best soup on American soil :-)

by matcrazy1 Updated Sep 29, 2006

THE BEST SOUP IN THE USA :-)

Stop-In Food Store is a chain grocery store. We stopped in Waynesboro on the way from Charlottenville to Staunton. We were looking for some food to buy at low price. That store didn't look attractive to be honest.

Favorite Dish: We didn't buy anything there except home-made, thick, vegetable soup which cost only $0.99. Believe or not, it was probably the best soup I ever had in the USA. So, I took the second bowl and I noticed that two other local customers did the same thing.

• Edelweiss

by bvpshenvalley Written Jan 1, 2003

German food. Great but no too expensive. I think the cook is native to Germany. The first time I went, I got really lousy service. I actually went again and enjoyed it.

Favorite Dish: The black forest cake does not taste frozen. It is light and delicious.

• Mill Street

by bvpshenvalley Written Jan 1, 2003

Good overall restaurant. I like the added touches(the bread, peppermint ice cream after your meal). My favorite restaurant in Staunton. Get there early or go on a weekday. Sometimes there is an hour wait.

Favorite Dish: I never had anything that I did not like. Nachos are good. Ribs are good ,not as good as Fat Matts(in my Atlanta page), but still pretty good

Instant Answers: Staunton

Comments

Staunton Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Staunton restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Staunton sightseeing.