Vienna Restaurants

by davecallahan

Most Recent Restaurants in Vienna

• Sweet Ginger: Very Tasty Asian Food

by lavelle_V Written May 5, 2007

At first you would think this is a Japanese restaurant but once you open the menu you'll realize they have various popular Asian dishes.

The service is great too.

Items that I do not recommend -the katsudon or their Japanese rice toppings.

Favorite Dish: Since I am into "creative" combinations of raw sushi, I must admit everything I have tried are very good-- the volcano and the wasabi cream maki are my favorites. I am also addicted to the mandarin wok fried rice--I often call it the magical rice because I have no idea what spices they used.

Another thing to try is the roti canai, the dipping sauce is perfect but the roti itself is too oily. So I suggest that you share it with someone and take breaks in between each piece of roti.

To close the deal make sure you order the asian donut ala mode. It is basically fried dough with ice cream (if you think you like asian food then try it with green tea ice cream). I love fried dough (beignets) from New Orlean's Cafe Du Monde but this is the closest thing right now....

• davecallahan's Profile Photo

Foster's Grille: American Food

by davecallahan Updated Mar 25, 2007

Hotdogs and Hamburgers with a glass of lemonade and some homemade french fries.
    Can't get more American than that.

They do have a few other selections like chicken or turkey sandwiches on hard roll or a small salad bowl. They have even added "Buffalo" wings and a Veggie burger to draw in customers.
    You can have the original huge-size portions or the new lighter portions (which we prefer).

You can either order and eat inside at a table or you can call ahead and have it ready to go when you arrive to take it with you.

The decor is like one of those pavillions your family rented for a large-group summer picnic.
    The odor of burning meat is prevalent.

Good American cookout food at a reasonable price (and the local motel newspaper had coupons).

• Minstrelette's Profile Photo

Essential Grille: Wonderful brunch (closed Dec. 06)

by Minstrelette Updated Apr 2, 2006

I went here for Sunday brunch (they only do brunch on Sundays), and it was wonderful. In this overcrowded area of chain stores, this restaurant really stands out. They offer organic food from New Morning Farm. I know organic is the new buzz word in our food trends and therefore, doesn't have the high standards it used to, but in this case, the food really does taste better. The biggest surprise about Essential Grille is that it was practically empty for brunch. I hope this restaurant lasts and the next time I'm there I could try their dinner.

Favorite Dish: wild mushroom omelette- fluffy and flavourful

Essential Grille Essential Grille

• woofiegrrl's Profile Photo

Sunflower: Amazing Vegetarian Cuisine

by woofiegrrl Written Apr 28, 2003

As one of the only fully-vegetarian restaurants in the area, and the only one offering truly vegan selections, Sunflower is unique. Most of the dishes are of Chinese and Japanese origin, and there is a considerable amount of fake meat used as a substitute for everything from chicken to eel. The restaurant is small but tastefully decorated with many different sunflower motifs.

Favorite Dish: Sweet and Sour Sensation is fantastic. Their treatment of the TVP is wonderful - I've had friends tell me it's better than "real" sweet and sour dishes made with meat!

Instant Answers: Vienna

Comments

Vienna Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Vienna restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Vienna sightseeing.