Virginia Beach Restaurants

BBQ sauce dispensers
    Beans and rice side
    Sign at night

Most Recent Restaurants in Virginia Beach

• Golden Corral: The King of the Sea !

by beachbum345 Written Jul 2, 2007

The restaurant is usually very social with alot of people. The tables are convient to the buffet bars. However alot times the floor and tables aren't cleaned fast enough for new guests to be seated. The food is the best part. Steak, burgers, salad, and the DESSERT !!!!! Oh it's to die for. Every craving on earth can be satisfied from this place. The waiter brings endless bread and plates till you pop. Good luck and hope you get a good waiter, (or at least a fast waiter!)

Favorite Dish: Every dessert in the place. The double, triple chocolate cake is oozing with layers of fresh whipped chocolate and moist cake. The Bread pudding is hot and piping with icing only prepared seconds before. The pies, the cookies, the brownies and even the ice cream is all worth the little incovinence of waiting for a slow server or starving all day !!!!!

• Croc's: Not worth the money

by atexasex Updated Jun 8, 2007

We are Va Bch locals who tried Croc's for the first time tonight. After passing through the smoke from the bar, we were politely seated - even though the host broke a wine glass and had to move us to a second table. We ordered a tuna steak sandwich on a Kaiser roll, a half order of tomato basil fettucini and fish tacos. The tacos were pretty good howver, they were not served with a side order as per the menu. The 1/2 order of fettucini ($9.00) was described as a flavored pasta with a creamy tomato basil sauce and vegetables. What we actually got was a cereal bowl portion of lukewarm dry noodles - no sauce, no veggies. My wife's tuna steak sandwich was over cooked (curling up on the sides) on a stale hamburger bun , not a Kaiser roll. We have never sent food back before at any restaurant, but we did ask them to take the noodles away and bring my daughter a salad. Our waitress was very nice (if tenative) and she did mention our issue with the tuna to the owner who apparently told her that the roll was NOT stale and he couldn't do anything about the overcooked tuna. It took us over an hour to be served even though we were one of only three tables inside the restaurant. A big table of girls seated next to us before we arrived didn't receive their food until well after we were served. Suffice to say, we will not be back.

• angelaf2013's Profile Photo

Soup and Such Im's Grill: Off the beaten path

by angelaf2013 Written May 5, 2007

I was a waitress here back in the day. The owner started out working for a Japanese Steakhouse and then opened his own business. For lunch they have the Japanese but also have some really good soups and sandwich all of which is homemade.

Favorite Dish: Steak and Shrimp Tepinyaki (I am sure that is Spelled Wrong)

• blondeinchesta's Profile Photo

Mahi Mah's: Excellent seafood

by blondeinchesta Written Apr 29, 2007

The food is excellent. They have a sushi bar and 3:00-6:00pm specials on wings,oysters and clams. They have different drink specials every day. Beautiful oceanfront dining.

Favorite Dish: I absolutely love the wings and oysters. Their sushi is great also.

• blondeinchesta's Profile Photo

Crazy Charlie's: Great Prime Rib and Shrimp

by blondeinchesta Written Apr 29, 2007

Nice little bar on 22nd and Atlantic Ave in Virginia Beach. All ages. Music can sometimes be too loud but overall a nice place to go and unwind.

Favorite Dish: From 6:00pm-9:00pm everynight they have excellent prime rib and shrimp all you can eat for $9.95. They also have drink specials with well drinks and domestic beer for $1.00 from 6:00pm-9:00pm.

• madiia's Profile Photo

Black Angus Restaurant: Best stake and sea food

by madiia Updated Apr 19, 2007

Great restaurant that I worked in last summer. People say they love their stakes (can't give my opinion as I'm a vegetarian:) and seafood. No need of fancy clothes, business casual style is required. Try the desserts..they're delicious. I know cuz I prepared them too:) Food is pretty cheap, you can use coupons that are enclosed to some free local magazines. Enjoy!

"That thick, crusty sirloin at Virginia Beach's Black Angus; the meal could have sent a vegetarian into a backslide . . . The Black Angus Restaurant, the best beef served with style."

- Chuck Martin, Virginian Pilot-Ledger Star

Favorite Dish: Seafood pasta.

• davecallahan's Profile Photo

Tautog's: great food

by davecallahan Updated Mar 20, 2007

This restaurant has a lot going for it: good location; great menu selection; tasty meals; speedy service with a smile; nice ambiance. This is casual dining with upscale staff.

The specialty is seafood of all shapes and sizes but you can get beef or chicken if you prefer.
    You can go super-light with just soup and salad if you only want a snack or go for the whole meal with soup, salad, appetizer, entree, dessert and bread basket.
    Everyday they offer specials at cut-rate prices.

Menu items include: tuna roll, seafood cakes, scallops, linguini, crab soup, mini-pizza, mahimahi, shrimp scampi, roast beef, chicken breast, flounder and an assortment of sandwiches and wraps.
    If you are a drinker they have a long list of native and imported beers and wines.

You can easily get a satisfying meal here for less than $20 per person (not including tip and tax).

Favorite Dish: I like the Seared Tuna with a salad side order. Tasty, healthy and just enough to fill you.

• Ribley's Virginia Beach: Best Ribs In Town

by surferazzy Updated Mar 13, 2007

best ribs i have ever had.

Favorite Dish: the ribs fell right off of the bone, and were served with the owners homemade BBQ sauce. This is a great place to bring your family, as it is a non smpking restaurant, although smoking is allowed on the patio.

• robertnavy's Profile Photo

CATCH 31: HILTON'S NICE UPSCALE RESTAURANT

by robertnavy Updated Mar 11, 2007

This is a really nice sort of upscale restaurant on the beachfront at the Hilton Oceanfront Hotel which is also a very nice place. I had supper there it was great good service decor very nice...I have also just gone for drinks they sometimes have live music have outdoor dining and fire pits to sit around.

• The Melting Pot: Should Have Eaten At Home

by jgosby Written Oct 10, 2006

The fact that this new locally owned restaurant has an all-fondu menu makes it very special. The lack of variety on the menu made it hard for a vegetarian find a reasonable meal. Watch our when ordering the Swiss Cheese fondu. This difficult dish was prepared for my birthday party of four by a novice chef and no one enjoyed it at all.

Our evening was saved by a nice ambiance, and an unique atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: The asparagus was nice.

Black Angus Restaurant: Steak That Sizzles

by thecatsmeow Written Aug 12, 2006

We decided to have a nice evening out and we saw The Black Angus earlier in the day so we went. This is one very nice restaurant. From the outside it does not look like much but once inside the atmosphere is very classic. Since it is a steak house we both had diffrent cuts of meat and then of course some seafood. The meal was fantastic and the staff very attentive. My steak was cooked to perfection as was Don's. The salads were crisp and the bread hot and tasty. The shrimp perfect! This is a little more dressy so they prefer at least business casual attire. They are open for dinner only and do not except reservations. They do how ever have what is called a Call Ahead Policy. You can telephone 30 to 40 minutes before you arrive and, if they have a wait, they will add your name to the list at the time you call. This is not a reservation, but it will minimize your wait. his is a nice place to be with your sweetheart. The lighting is dim and very romantic with candles flickering on the tables.
    Hours are: Sun-Thu 4:30 pm - 10:00 pm, Fri-Sat 4:30 pm - 10:30 pm.

• thecatsmeow's Profile Photo

Honey Bee Restaurant: Don't waste your money!

by thecatsmeow Written Aug 12, 2006

Well we headed out with great expectations due to the wonderful ads we had seen and you know they would not have printed how great the place was if it was not. HA! We wandered into this restaurant and were impressed with nothing that we saw but yet we decided to give it a try anyway. They were advertising a breakfast buffet for a very good price but upon looking at it we opted for a simple BLT sandwich. You can't mess that up (Or so we thought) Soggy bread,burned or half raw bacon(yep in the same sandwich) limp rather cold fries and flat soda answered that question. They advertise great customer srvice and attentive staff. They are lucky we did not just walk out as they never even refilled our water much less asked how our meal was (think they knew the reply) or brought us a bill.Lucky for them we are honest folk. Never again.

HoneyBee Honey Bee from across the street

• thecatsmeow's Profile Photo

Dough Boys California Pizza: Gourmet!? I Think Not!

by thecatsmeow Written Jun 28, 2006

Ok I admit we were lured in by the tourist coupons and all the people that were inside. First Mistake! This place was aweful. They advertised an all you can eat Spaghetti Marinara and Garden Fresh Salad for $9.99 with home baked cheese bread. Ok why not. Oh boy second mistake. When my salad came it was fresh perhaps a few weeks ago. My spaghetti and marina was a lage bowl of pasta and about a teaspoon of sauce. I asked the waiter for some sauce so I could eat all the pasta and he went off to get me a small cup of marinara. He also brought me some parmesan which I was grateful for to drown out the aweful Ragu taste of the "homemade" sauce. As for the cheese bread I had two pieces of pizza crust with a bit of parmesan that was under cooked. Nasty stuff. Don decided to use a diffrent coupon and get himself a pizza. This too was very dissapointing. Greasy and soggy. Pizza should never be like that. Smelled good and tasted aweful! Definately a bad experience all around. Funny thing is when we had dinner our last night a Mahi Mah's the newlywed's were telling us about this aweful italian place they ate at. Guess what!?! Same restaurant, diffrent location.

Dough Boys 24th street location

Mahi Mah's: A Gem Among Garbage

by thecatsmeow Written Jun 28, 2006

Mahi Mah's was recomened to us by the handyman at our hotel. He said that a lot of the places right on the beach were garbage but Mahi Mah's was enjoyed by the local's. Not knowing what to expect and armed with our coupon from one of the many free magazines available we headed out. Mahi Mah's is actually located in the Ramada Inn on the beach and was just a few blocks from our hotel. From the outside it does not look like much but as we entered the restaraunt we noticed the great oceanview right away. Unfortunately we did not notice that the coupon we had was for a specific time frame. :( 11am to 2 pm. It was a buy one lunch item and get the second at half off. But it does not include specials. Well Monday through Friday they have $5 lunch specials. These include a free drink (non-alcoholic) They offer two diffrent selections each day. So Don had one and I had the other offering. It was a great meal! The nice thing is we were able to have a decent lunch for under $15. Not easy to do on the beach. But this restaurant is not all about a good lunch. We came back on our last night for a nice dinner with the newlyweds. Wow! The food and service was excellent! And just as our lunch was very inexpensive our dinner was not! But it was worth every penny. From the fresh steamed alaskan snow crab legs to the to the fresh sourdough bread. If you are looking for a great place for lunch or dinner this is a must.
    Along with the weekday $5 lunch specials they also have an all you can eat breakfast buffet Monday through Saturday and a Sunday brunch. From 5-9 pm on Wednesdays they have what is called a cork night. I may have to check it out on my next trip. An award winning wine list with over 150 labels to choose from. I wonder if they have a sampler? :)
    There is also outdoor entertainment throughout the summer. Check out the website for information.

Favorite Dish: Lunch was very good. Don had a buffalo chicken wrap served with fries or potatoe salad and I had a monte crisco sandwich drizzled with strawberry sauce. Mine was served with a thick kettle style chip.
    Dinner was started off with an appetizer of 1 lb of fresh steamed alaskan snow crab legs served with drawn butter $14.95
    My dinner was the Longliner Platter which you can have either broiled or fried.
    I had the broiled and it consisted of Mahi, Gulf Shrimp, Sea Scallops and a Backfin Crabcake served with seasonal vegetables and roasted potatoes. $26.95
    Don had the Mah's Surf n Turf
    8 oz. NY grilled steak served with thier Ultimate Crabcake, roasted potatoes and vegetables.$29.95
    Payment Accepted: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and cash. The only downside is that they charged us a 10% tax on our dinner. It was still worth it!

Mahi Mah's from Atlantic Ave. Not much to look at. Monte crisco sandwich drizzled in strawberry sauce

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Giovanni's at the beach: Don't miss an italian tradition

by butterflykizzez04 Written Jun 5, 2006

This is a tradition in my family. Even if you are only here for the day, plan it around your meal at Giovanni's on the beach..They have individual jukeboxes on each table. The decorations are lovely italian & greek feel..you will love this restaurant..

Favorite Dish: We enjoy the pastas and the pizza..everything on the menu is awesome..you can't go wrong with anything.

Giovanni's at the beach on many strip at beach Larry, Aretta & Noel in Giovanni's awaiting pizza

Instant Answers: Virginia Beach

Comments

Virginia Beach Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Virginia Beach restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Virginia Beach sightseeing.

View all Virginia Beach hotels