Virginia Beach Restaurants

BBQ sauce dispensers
    Beans and rice side
    Sign at night

Most Recent Restaurants in Virginia Beach

• George's Breakfast n Seafood Buffet: the right spot for seafood lovers like me!

by yasemincik Updated May 17, 2006

Every time me and my family come to Virginia Beach we must come to this restaurant for breakfast and dinner!
    Clean and friendly..they've been around since 1989. The buffet has never disappointed us. Unlike many of the other buffets on the beach everything is freshly cooked. I've been to a lot of miserable looking, cold and not quite delicious buffets throughout the years when visiting virginia beach.
    The breakfast buffet is also a very very good choice! The french toast sticks and the danishes are my favorites..
    There's no lunch---apparently they prepare all day for the buffet!

Favorite Dish: We always get the buffet...it's simply the best choice..! For 17 dollars we get such a great selection of entrees.. The desert bar is amazing..baklava, creamy rice pudding and my own two favorites: a pastry made of fylo and cream of wheat topped with cinammon and this other french one whose name i can't remember...crust and grand marnier filling and whipped cream...mmmmm!
    My husband once ordered the shrimp and scallop scampi and it was DELICIOUS!
    not too garlicky...but garlicky enough. and over rice that's covered in the scampi juices.
    there's scampi on the buffet but it's not as good. This dish is worth a try.

ooooh and did i mention they have a full bar and their cocktails are amazing?!

• Women's Travel

Lucky Star: Four star Continential Cuisine

by vikendall Written Feb 3, 2006

The clam chowder features 'designer clams', with golden potatoes. My turkey club was a work of art, and the best I've eaten. Such attention to detail that is not often seen are never overlooked here. The ambience is luxurious, Boca-Bermuda style, and the seating is limited, so call ahead for evening meals. Lunch is a great time to sample the quality of the food. I fully recommend that you try this small, hidden jewel for a real treat. They have a full menu that changes from time to time. From wonderful fish entrees to steak, rack of lamb, there is something for everyone. You will be glad I shared this one with you.

Favorite Dish: All, and it will take some time to sample the rest of the menu.

Chinese Gormet Restaurant: Excellent Chinese Food

by vikendall Written Jan 22, 2006

Seto operates the best Chinese restaurant in the city. The place is modest, with limited tables. The service is personable, and fast. Seto will likely come to your table with his usual big smile, and bring you complimentary roast pork or some other delicious dish. His menu is large and varied, and will delight anyone. Shrimp and lobster sauce is one of the best I've tasted. Chow Fun is sumptuous. The simple Chicken Chow mein is one of the best. Triple delight soup is a meal in itself, but it would be a sin to stop there. His Lo Mein is outstanding, Chicken sub gum, you name it. The portions are ample. Go at lunch and you will dine of the same cuisine, for under $4.

Favorite Dish: I've had almost everything on the menu, but, I just love his chicken chow mein. You asked for the favorite. Everything is well prepared and delicious.

Bravos!: Best Italian Restaurant

by vikendall Written Jan 22, 2006

Located in the new Central Business District of Virginia Beach, Bravos offers a variety of traditional favorites, as well as newer Bristo cuisine. The decor is lush, and the staff has been instructed that the manager wants to hear complaints that the table was visited too often by the server. Food is prepared to order, with wood burning stoves. Salads are fresh and innovative. My favorite is the Roasted Chicken Chopped salad, with garganzola, pecans, fresh greens. Shrimp diablo is another favorite, with a little kick, as the name implies. The lobster bisque is one of the best in the country (yes, I've had it in Boston, and Wochester). The coffee is satisfying. Desserts to suit anyone. If you can't make up your mind, they will bring a sampler to you that looks like English High Tea. Prices are moderate. Fresh fish is usually on the menu, as well as filet mignon, and pork chops. Great veggies, and the mash potatoes are terrific. I've had nearly everything on the menu, and I would be hard pressed to tell you which one I prefer over the others, as everything is good. For an extra treat, you can tax the chef by asking for 'old school bruchetta'. You will be in for a real treat.

Favorite Dish: If pressed, I would have to say Old School Bruchetta, simply because you will be inundated with shrimp in a creamy tomato sauce, served over toasted bread. As an appetizer, it will serve 4 to 6 people. As a meal, it is hard to beat the pork chop, or the filet mignon. The lasagna is excellent, as the the Pasta Bravo.

• Tautogs, Coastal Grill, La Bella Italia.: Get off Atlantic for the best food!

by vbeatso Written Apr 15, 2005

Places off of the boardwalk are just better in general. Avoid all buffets on the Atlantic ave area, they are all costco type items and way expensive. For a seafood buffet try Captain Goerge's many people like this place it is $25 p/p at least. A lot of people love Coastal Grill(seafood) it is has the same thing all year round except soft shell crab in season. It is off Great Neck. Tautog's (southern/seafood) is very close to the Oceanfront area but you have to be looking for it it is only open for dinner and in a houselike setting with a big porch. From the boardwalk just turn down 23rd Street and go down a few blocks until you see it on your right it will have a fish sculpture in the front near the side walk and the menu list. La Bella Italia is on Laskin Road there is also Bella Monte very close by and many say they like La Bella Italia better. Aldo's is in the Hilltop shopping center and another very good Italian place. All mentioned are in the $14-25 range for dinner.

• Mahi Mah's: Very popular place to go and great view!

by vbeatso Written Apr 15, 2005

Not the best food ever, but is busy year round and the standard and good seafood, and is pretty dependable. They are great to locals and so there are many locals that will be mixed in with tourists in the busy months. They have great specials and include the year round happy hour 35cent wings, oysters, and clams from 3-6pm. And always check the coupon books for discounts for all boardwalk restaurants almost all of them have some sort of discount which you might as well use if you are going there anyway. They also have a sushi bar and Monday nights there is half price sushi which may not be during the busy season, but for sure in the off season.

Favorite Dish: The view.

Denny's Restaurant: Denny's also serves a great breakfast on budget

Noel & Tiffany outside Denny's Restaurant

We traveled alittle back from the beach down Virginia Beach Blvd heading west on Rt 58 towards Norfolk to eat breakfast at this Denny's.

It gives you the "old american" feel inside. We enjoyed this restaurant and the service was great. The ambience was 50's-60's and we liked it.

Also great prices.

Favorite Dish: I had my standard one egg w/bacon and toast. Noel and Tiffany both had smiley face pancakes w/ bacon and link sausage.
    They drank sprite and I had unsweetened tea.
    We were all very pleased with our breakfast.

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Maple Tree Pancake House: Maple Tree Pancake House is a Favorite for us!!

Noel & Tiffany inside the Maple Tree for breakfast

This is another of our usual haunts when we go to Virginia Beach. This restaurant is only open from 7am to 2 pm. They only serve breakfast and some lunch. They are not an all day restaurant.

Favorite Dish: I usual get one egg/bacon w/toast. My usual breakfast food. The girls both got pancakes and bacon.
    They like the selection of different flavored syrups located in the center of the table. They usually try every flavor once or twice..sometimes more..lol

Doughboys of California: Doughboys has "Island Flair" and good food

Outside Doughboys of California restaurant

We really enjoyed dining at Doughboys. Outside the building is bright YELLOW w/ a pirate standing by the door.

Inside it looks like your on the islands. Palm trees and bright colors. Lei's for the girls, and lots of tropical flair.

We enjoyed this restaurant. They played great island music and the wait staff was very friendly.

Favorite Dish: The girls (Noel and Tiffany) had their usual chicken fingers and fries. They served them on paper plates with bright pink frisbees to hold them. The girls got to keep their frisbees. They of course have the doughboy logo on them. Nice little souvenirs.

I had hot wings and celery with blue cheese. Very good. The hot sauce was awesome. I couldn't eat much since I have had the weight surgery, but it was so good, I wish I could have eaten every bite. Noel did eat two of them for me.

They advertise alot of tropical mixed alcohol drinks and I was tempted to try one or a couple but I was with the girls and it was the middle of the afternoon..lol

We also ordered some cheese breadsticks with maraniade sauce, it was very good. The girls ate all of these...lol

Angelo's by the Sea: Great Italian Food at Angelo's at Colonial Inn

by butterflykizzez04 Written Apr 5, 2005

outside view of Angelo's by the Sea

The ambience of the restaurant was very Italian and romantic. It has one entire wall that is glass facing the oceanfront. The tables are a dark brown wood with candlelite teajars on the tables. The boothes were nice and cozy and the table tops had glass on them and beneath the glass was sand, shells and starfish.. the girls liked this alot.

Favorite Dish: I had the onion soup and salad. It was very good. Tiffany had chicken fingers and fries and Noel had the shrimp and fries basket.
    I drank a pina coloda and iced tea and the girls had sprite. My friend, Thomas from the navy, joined us and he had stuffed mushrooms and soda.

For an appetizer we had garlic bread and marinara sauce.

We all enjoyed our dinner and would definitely go back there again.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Guadalajara Mexican Restaurant: Rated #6 in Virginia Beach

by grandmaR Updated Apr 2, 2005

Combo menu

We had dinner here after the drive up from NC. The food was good and the service was quick, but I thought the waiter was a bit pushy about trying to tell me what I would want to eat.

Favorite Dish: Bob had three tacos (a la carte because their tacos were so fancy he was afraid to order them) and I had a Mexican pizza which was almost too much for me to eat. They took off the guacamole, which I find too spicy.

Then I had fried ice cream which had apparently been rolled in corn flakes. The total including tax and tip was $21.84.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Children Welcome
    Lunch
    Dinner
    Budget

Favorite Dish: I ordered a cheese pizza from here when we were on our way home from Newport News. We got here before they had even put it into the oven so I took the pictures of the storefront while I was in the car waiting for Bob to come out with the pizza.

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Dippin Dots Ice Cream: More Ice Cream, Cool Stuff!

by tpangelinan Written Mar 8, 2005

Dippin Dots Ice Cream

We LOVE Dippin Dots Ice Cream! It is a very different type of ice cream then what you think is normal, they are little tiny round balls of ice cream about the size of a tip of a ball point pin to an 1/8 inch. Very cool and fun to eat, also it is much less messy than regular ice cream and doesn't melt as fast. It's like fast frozen ice cream BB's. You gotta try it some time you won't be disappointed. They have a couple of locations in Virginia Beach, 1 at the amusement park on the boardwalk and the other at 910 Atlantic Avenue. So have some fun and try it!

• Beaches

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Haagen Dazs Ice Cream: Ice Cream!

by tpangelinan Written Mar 6, 2005

ICE CREAM!!

This place was the best! Beautiful and clean inside, so many type and flavors. The price were reasonable and you could sit down inside and cool off while you ate your ice cream. Very friendly staff too.

• Beaches

Black Angus 7th & Atlantic Ave.: Great food

by tpangelinan Written Mar 6, 2005

Black Angus 7th & Atlantic Ave.

This was a great fine dining experience, wonderful mode lighting and music. The waiter was prefect, left you alone, but there when you needed him. The meal was to die for, and the cost almost chokes you too, but well worth the price. Very cool inside, almost makes you feel like you went back in time to have a meal. They are celebrating 50 years with a wide variety of food on the menu. Got to try this place if you are there celebrating something. YUM!!

• Luxury Travel

Instant Answers: Virginia Beach

Comments

Virginia Beach Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Virginia Beach restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Virginia Beach sightseeing.

View all Virginia Beach hotels