Virginia Beach Restaurants

Sign at night

Best Rated Restaurants in Virginia Beach

Black Angus 7th & Atlantic Ave.: Great food

by tpangelinan Written Mar 6, 2005

Black Angus 7th & Atlantic Ave.

This was a great fine dining experience, wonderful mode lighting and music. The waiter was prefect, left you alone, but there when you needed him. The meal was to die for, and the cost almost chokes you too, but well worth the price. Very cool inside, almost makes you feel like you went back in time to have a meal. They are celebrating 50 years with a wide variety of food on the menu. Got to try this place if you are there celebrating something. YUM!!

• Luxury Travel

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Dippin Dots Ice Cream: More Ice Cream, Cool Stuff!

by tpangelinan Written Mar 8, 2005

Dippin Dots Ice Cream

We LOVE Dippin Dots Ice Cream! It is a very different type of ice cream then what you think is normal, they are little tiny round balls of ice cream about the size of a tip of a ball point pin to an 1/8 inch. Very cool and fun to eat, also it is much less messy than regular ice cream and doesn't melt as fast. It's like fast frozen ice cream BB's. You gotta try it some time you won't be disappointed. They have a couple of locations in Virginia Beach, 1 at the amusement park on the boardwalk and the other at 910 Atlantic Avenue. So have some fun and try it!

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Rockfish Bar & Grill: Good food with a view!

by tpangelinan Updated Apr 4, 2011

Brunch with a view!

This restaurant is located in the Boardwalk Resort Hotel & Villa, on the boardwalk of course, very good food, we had Sunday brunch. Wonderful buffet, wide spread with lots of goodies, seafood, raw & cooked, omlettes, waffles, all kinds of meats, deserts, danishes, complete. Had a table outside with a great view. The service was good for a buffet style meal, and quality food. Well worth the trip.

• Luxury Travel

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Haagen Dazs Ice Cream: Ice Cream!

by tpangelinan Written Mar 6, 2005

ICE CREAM!!

This place was the best! Beautiful and clean inside, so many type and flavors. The price were reasonable and you could sit down inside and cool off while you ate your ice cream. Very friendly staff too.

• zanzooni's Profile Photo

The Upper Deck: Forgettaboutit...

by zanzooni Updated Aug 26, 2004

This place advertises on the side of their building "All you can eat Seafood buffet...$15.95" So..tired from the day at the beach, and hungry as well, we decided to park here..and what a mistake it was...The food was disgusting, and cheap...We were first seated at a dark, dingy table..and when I asked to be moved to a table near the window that over looked the water front, I felt that I was asking for gold, diamonds and more. Forgettabout the pearls in any oysters...
    Skip this joint... I can not say anything positive about this experience...much to my chagrin...

Favorite Dish: ..ummm..how about the peel and eat shrimp? And even they were over done...

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Beale Street Restaurant: Memphis BBQ

by grandmaR Updated Dec 26, 2004

Wet Half Rack for $10.95

We asked for recommendations from the Ft. Story Inn and got several. We decided to drive back towards Norfolk until we came to one that we liked.

Favorite Dish: We went to dinner at the Beale St. BBQ, and each had a wet half rack of ribs with two sides for $10.95 each (I had cole slaw and beans and rice, and Bob had cole slaw and potato salad). And we shared a 'pig picking cake' for dessert. It had coconut icing. I ate the icing off and then decided I was full, so Bob ate the cake part so that it wouldn't go to waste. The total bill was $38.43 counting tip and two iced teas. Rachael Ray ($40/day) has nothing on us.

• Music

• Goner's Profile Photo

TRIPPS: Prime - Prime Rib

by Goner Updated Nov 10, 2003

Tripps Restaurant

The concept is sophisticated - without being stuffy. The mood is upscale and energetic. "It's a fun place to go where you can get anything you want, and it's always great!" This is the statement they have on their website, and I have to agree, the food here is excellent as is the service and atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: Do order prime rib, it literally melts in your mouth -- I wish I was there right now ! If you're on the Atkins Diet, this is the place for you. But if not, have a baked potato, baked in rock salt to perfection.

• bugalugs's Profile Photo

Golden Corral: As much as you can eat!!!

by bugalugs Updated Dec 5, 2004

We stopped at this restaurant on our way to pick up our son and his friend after playing golf. We had never heard of this chain before. Its not posh or anything, but my goodness, its really cheap.
    We paid $16.90 for two buffet meals and a drink each.
    The choice of food was good, and you could eat as much as you wanted.
    We only had a main course and my husband had a dessert.
    People were having three courses, and going back for 2nd's, 3rd's etc.
    The waitress came and gave you a stack of plates to keep on going back for more! We were amazed by it all.

• bugalugs's Profile Photo

Applebees: An old favourite

by bugalugs Written Dec 5, 2004

Wherever we go in the States I always like to visit an Applebees. You know that you will get a good meal at a good price and excellent service.

Favorite Dish: As for favourite dishes, well thats difficult. I particularly like fajitas, or for lunch soup and a salad, my husband likes their steaks, and our son their burgers. I also like their cocktails :-) (well you have to try these things dont you?) - lol

• thecatsmeow's Profile Photo

Dough Boys California Pizza: Gourmet!? I Think Not!

by thecatsmeow Written Jun 28, 2006

Dough Boys 24th street location

Ok I admit we were lured in by the tourist coupons and all the people that were inside. First Mistake! This place was aweful. They advertised an all you can eat Spaghetti Marinara and Garden Fresh Salad for $9.99 with home baked cheese bread. Ok why not. Oh boy second mistake. When my salad came it was fresh perhaps a few weeks ago. My spaghetti and marina was a lage bowl of pasta and about a teaspoon of sauce. I asked the waiter for some sauce so I could eat all the pasta and he went off to get me a small cup of marinara. He also brought me some parmesan which I was grateful for to drown out the aweful Ragu taste of the "homemade" sauce. As for the cheese bread I had two pieces of pizza crust with a bit of parmesan that was under cooked. Nasty stuff. Don decided to use a diffrent coupon and get himself a pizza. This too was very dissapointing. Greasy and soggy. Pizza should never be like that. Smelled good and tasted aweful! Definately a bad experience all around. Funny thing is when we had dinner our last night a Mahi Mah's the newlywed's were telling us about this aweful italian place they ate at. Guess what!?! Same restaurant, diffrent location.

• thecatsmeow's Profile Photo

Honey Bee Restaurant: Don't waste your money!

by thecatsmeow Written Aug 12, 2006

HoneyBee

Well we headed out with great expectations due to the wonderful ads we had seen and you know they would not have printed how great the place was if it was not. HA! We wandered into this restaurant and were impressed with nothing that we saw but yet we decided to give it a try anyway. They were advertising a breakfast buffet for a very good price but upon looking at it we opted for a simple BLT sandwich. You can't mess that up (Or so we thought) Soggy bread,burned or half raw bacon(yep in the same sandwich) limp rather cold fries and flat soda answered that question. They advertise great customer srvice and attentive staff. They are lucky we did not just walk out as they never even refilled our water much less asked how our meal was (think they knew the reply) or brought us a bill.Lucky for them we are honest folk. Never again.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Children Welcome
    Lunch
    Dinner
    Budget

Favorite Dish: I ordered a cheese pizza from here when we were on our way home from Newport News. We got here before they had even put it into the oven so I took the pictures of the storefront while I was in the car waiting for Bob to come out with the pizza.

Black Angus Restaurant: Steak That Sizzles

by thecatsmeow Written Aug 12, 2006

We decided to have a nice evening out and we saw The Black Angus earlier in the day so we went. This is one very nice restaurant. From the outside it does not look like much but once inside the atmosphere is very classic. Since it is a steak house we both had diffrent cuts of meat and then of course some seafood. The meal was fantastic and the staff very attentive. My steak was cooked to perfection as was Don's. The salads were crisp and the bread hot and tasty. The shrimp perfect! This is a little more dressy so they prefer at least business casual attire. They are open for dinner only and do not except reservations. They do how ever have what is called a Call Ahead Policy. You can telephone 30 to 40 minutes before you arrive and, if they have a wait, they will add your name to the list at the time you call. This is not a reservation, but it will minimize your wait. his is a nice place to be with your sweetheart. The lighting is dim and very romantic with candles flickering on the tables.
    Hours are: Sun-Thu 4:30 pm - 10:00 pm, Fri-Sat 4:30 pm - 10:30 pm.

• davecallahan's Profile Photo

Tautog's: great food

by davecallahan Updated Mar 20, 2007

This restaurant has a lot going for it: good location; great menu selection; tasty meals; speedy service with a smile; nice ambiance. This is casual dining with upscale staff.

The specialty is seafood of all shapes and sizes but you can get beef or chicken if you prefer.
    You can go super-light with just soup and salad if you only want a snack or go for the whole meal with soup, salad, appetizer, entree, dessert and bread basket.
    Everyday they offer specials at cut-rate prices.

Menu items include: tuna roll, seafood cakes, scallops, linguini, crab soup, mini-pizza, mahimahi, shrimp scampi, roast beef, chicken breast, flounder and an assortment of sandwiches and wraps.
    If you are a drinker they have a long list of native and imported beers and wines.

You can easily get a satisfying meal here for less than $20 per person (not including tip and tax).

Favorite Dish: I like the Seared Tuna with a salad side order. Tasty, healthy and just enough to fill you.

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Giovanni's at the beach: Don't miss an italian tradition

by butterflykizzez04 Written Jun 5, 2006

Giovanni's at the beach on many strip at beach

This is a tradition in my family. Even if you are only here for the day, plan it around your meal at Giovanni's on the beach..They have individual jukeboxes on each table. The decorations are lovely italian & greek feel..you will love this restaurant..

Favorite Dish: We enjoy the pastas and the pizza..everything on the menu is awesome..you can't go wrong with anything.

Instant Answers: Virginia Beach

Comments

Virginia Beach Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Virginia Beach restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Virginia Beach sightseeing.

View all Virginia Beach hotels