Virginia Beach Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Virginia Beach

• thecatsmeow's Profile Photo

Mahi Mah's: A Gem Among Garbage

by thecatsmeow Written Jun 28, 2006

Mahi Mah's from Atlantic Ave. Not much to look at.

Mahi Mah's was recomened to us by the handyman at our hotel. He said that a lot of the places right on the beach were garbage but Mahi Mah's was enjoyed by the local's. Not knowing what to expect and armed with our coupon from one of the many free magazines available we headed out. Mahi Mah's is actually located in the Ramada Inn on the beach and was just a few blocks from our hotel. From the outside it does not look like much but as we entered the restaraunt we noticed the great oceanview right away. Unfortunately we did not notice that the coupon we had was for a specific time frame. :( 11am to 2 pm. It was a buy one lunch item and get the second at half off. But it does not include specials. Well Monday through Friday they have $5 lunch specials. These include a free drink (non-alcoholic) They offer two diffrent selections each day. So Don had one and I had the other offering. It was a great meal! The nice thing is we were able to have a decent lunch for under $15. Not easy to do on the beach. But this restaurant is not all about a good lunch. We came back on our last night for a nice dinner with the newlyweds. Wow! The food and service was excellent! And just as our lunch was very inexpensive our dinner was not! But it was worth every penny. From the fresh steamed alaskan snow crab legs to the to the fresh sourdough bread. If you are looking for a great place for lunch or dinner this is a must.
    Along with the weekday $5 lunch specials they also have an all you can eat breakfast buffet Monday through Saturday and a Sunday brunch. From 5-9 pm on Wednesdays they have what is called a cork night. I may have to check it out on my next trip. An award winning wine list with over 150 labels to choose from. I wonder if they have a sampler? :)
    There is also outdoor entertainment throughout the summer. Check out the website for information.

Favorite Dish: Lunch was very good. Don had a buffalo chicken wrap served with fries or potatoe salad and I had a monte crisco sandwich drizzled with strawberry sauce. Mine was served with a thick kettle style chip.
    Dinner was started off with an appetizer of 1 lb of fresh steamed alaskan snow crab legs served with drawn butter $14.95
    My dinner was the Longliner Platter which you can have either broiled or fried.
    I had the broiled and it consisted of Mahi, Gulf Shrimp, Sea Scallops and a Backfin Crabcake served with seasonal vegetables and roasted potatoes. $26.95
    Don had the Mah's Surf n Turf
    8 oz. NY grilled steak served with thier Ultimate Crabcake, roasted potatoes and vegetables.$29.95
    Payment Accepted: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and cash. The only downside is that they charged us a 10% tax on our dinner. It was still worth it!

• Beaches

• Lubo's: Great Wine Bar

by richard6 Written May 19, 2008

Great food - try the blackened steak/blue cheese nachos - the waitress told me they were chosen best nachos in the region by the local newspaper's tasting panel.

Everything was fresh and interesting, and it really complimented the wines.

Nice selection, tastes were free and generous, bottle prices were very, very reasonable.

Outdoor patio was very, very pleasant. Located near Chick's Beach area.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish is any cheese board. Great selections, unusual and delicious.

• Wine Tasting

• blondeinchesta's Profile Photo

Mahi Mah's: Excellent seafood

by blondeinchesta Written Apr 29, 2007

The food is excellent. They have a sushi bar and 3:00-6:00pm specials on wings,oysters and clams. They have different drink specials every day. Beautiful oceanfront dining.

Favorite Dish: I absolutely love the wings and oysters. Their sushi is great also.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Guadalajara Mexican Restaurant: Rated #6 in Virginia Beach

by grandmaR Updated Apr 2, 2005

Combo menu

We had dinner here after the drive up from NC. The food was good and the service was quick, but I thought the waiter was a bit pushy about trying to tell me what I would want to eat.

Favorite Dish: Bob had three tacos (a la carte because their tacos were so fancy he was afraid to order them) and I had a Mexican pizza which was almost too much for me to eat. They took off the guacamole, which I find too spicy.

Then I had fried ice cream which had apparently been rolled in corn flakes. The total including tax and tip was $21.84.

• madiia's Profile Photo

Black Angus Restaurant: Best stake and sea food

by madiia Updated Apr 19, 2007

Great restaurant that I worked in last summer. People say they love their stakes (can't give my opinion as I'm a vegetarian:) and seafood. No need of fancy clothes, business casual style is required. Try the desserts..they're delicious. I know cuz I prepared them too:) Food is pretty cheap, you can use coupons that are enclosed to some free local magazines. Enjoy!

"That thick, crusty sirloin at Virginia Beach's Black Angus; the meal could have sent a vegetarian into a backslide . . . The Black Angus Restaurant, the best beef served with style."

- Chuck Martin, Virginian Pilot-Ledger Star

Favorite Dish: Seafood pasta.

• angelaf2013's Profile Photo

Soup and Such Im's Grill: Off the beaten path

by angelaf2013 Written May 5, 2007

I was a waitress here back in the day. The owner started out working for a Japanese Steakhouse and then opened his own business. For lunch they have the Japanese but also have some really good soups and sandwich all of which is homemade.

Favorite Dish: Steak and Shrimp Tepinyaki (I am sure that is Spelled Wrong)

• vikendall's Profile Photo

Bravos!: Best Italian Restaurant

by vikendall Written Jan 22, 2006

Located in the new Central Business District of Virginia Beach, Bravos offers a variety of traditional favorites, as well as newer Bristo cuisine. The decor is lush, and the staff has been instructed that the manager wants to hear complaints that the table was visited too often by the server. Food is prepared to order, with wood burning stoves. Salads are fresh and innovative. My favorite is the Roasted Chicken Chopped salad, with garganzola, pecans, fresh greens. Shrimp diablo is another favorite, with a little kick, as the name implies. The lobster bisque is one of the best in the country (yes, I've had it in Boston, and Wochester). The coffee is satisfying. Desserts to suit anyone. If you can't make up your mind, they will bring a sampler to you that looks like English High Tea. Prices are moderate. Fresh fish is usually on the menu, as well as filet mignon, and pork chops. Great veggies, and the mash potatoes are terrific. I've had nearly everything on the menu, and I would be hard pressed to tell you which one I prefer over the others, as everything is good. For an extra treat, you can tax the chef by asking for 'old school bruchetta'. You will be in for a real treat.

Favorite Dish: If pressed, I would have to say Old School Bruchetta, simply because you will be inundated with shrimp in a creamy tomato sauce, served over toasted bread. As an appetizer, it will serve 4 to 6 people. As a meal, it is hard to beat the pork chop, or the filet mignon. The lasagna is excellent, as the the Pasta Bravo.

• vikendall's Profile Photo

Chinese Gormet Restaurant: Excellent Chinese Food

by vikendall Written Jan 22, 2006

Seto operates the best Chinese restaurant in the city. The place is modest, with limited tables. The service is personable, and fast. Seto will likely come to your table with his usual big smile, and bring you complimentary roast pork or some other delicious dish. His menu is large and varied, and will delight anyone. Shrimp and lobster sauce is one of the best I've tasted. Chow Fun is sumptuous. The simple Chicken Chow mein is one of the best. Triple delight soup is a meal in itself, but it would be a sin to stop there. His Lo Mein is outstanding, Chicken sub gum, you name it. The portions are ample. Go at lunch and you will dine of the same cuisine, for under $4.

Favorite Dish: I've had almost everything on the menu, but, I just love his chicken chow mein. You asked for the favorite. Everything is well prepared and delicious.

• holligolytly's Profile Photo

Croc's: Croc's Restaurant

by holligolytly Updated Jul 20, 2003

Croc's is a the Caribbean-themed local hotspot at the beach. Croc's offers fresh seafood, pastas, salads, sandwiches, kids meals - and their famous grill - all with a taste of the islands. Croc's has live bands and/or DJ for dancing. after sunset.

Favorite Dish: My favorite is the crab cakes!!

• wood_brothers21's Profile Photo

Catch 31: A very bad catch

by wood_brothers21 Written Aug 10, 2007

7.7.2007 was purported to be the luckiest day of the year, but for my wife and I, during dinner on 07/07/2007 at Catch 31, the evening turned wretched. We arrived shortly after 08:00 P.M. and were not concerned that we had to wait an hour for a table as we found seats near the bar. The quantity of the alcohol in each drink served was inconsistent but our server was more than happy to rectify the situation, little did we know it was a prelude to disaster.

After responding to the pager’s vibrations we were told that we had been notified in error and would need to wait, of course our seats at the bar had been taken by that time. When our table was ready we were very unhappy to find that we were being escorted outside as we had wished to be seated inside the restaurant. The smell of cigarette smoke outside entirely ruined my dining experience. I was not the only one to be disappointed this evening.

The bread plates brought to our table were soaking wet and my wife found the shells in the crab cake appetizer most distasteful.

Even in the poor lighting of our outside table I could see that my wife’s mahi-mahi entrée was quite raw. She wanted to send it back but our waiter never returned to ask us if all was well. When he did return, after his extended absence, I mentioned that my wife had been unable to eat most of her main course because she found it inedible. He defensively blurted out that we should have told him! This was, of course, impossible as he had never returned to our table. I asked for the check to be brought to us immediately as I had no wish to prolong our agony. This was done just as requested together with profuse apologies by the server.

Catch 31 has the unique distinction of providing the worst dinning experience, for which I have paid, in my entire life.

Favorite Dish: Avoid ordering anything at all costs.

• blondeinchesta's Profile Photo

Crazy Charlie's: Great Prime Rib and Shrimp

by blondeinchesta Written Apr 29, 2007

Nice little bar on 22nd and Atlantic Ave in Virginia Beach. All ages. Music can sometimes be too loud but overall a nice place to go and unwind.

Favorite Dish: From 6:00pm-9:00pm everynight they have excellent prime rib and shrimp all you can eat for $9.95. They also have drink specials with well drinks and domestic beer for $1.00 from 6:00pm-9:00pm.

• George's Breakfast n Seafood Buffet: the right spot for seafood lovers like me!

by yasemincik Updated May 17, 2006

Every time me and my family come to Virginia Beach we must come to this restaurant for breakfast and dinner!
    Clean and friendly..they've been around since 1989. The buffet has never disappointed us. Unlike many of the other buffets on the beach everything is freshly cooked. I've been to a lot of miserable looking, cold and not quite delicious buffets throughout the years when visiting virginia beach.
    The breakfast buffet is also a very very good choice! The french toast sticks and the danishes are my favorites..
    There's no lunch---apparently they prepare all day for the buffet!

Favorite Dish: We always get the buffet...it's simply the best choice..! For 17 dollars we get such a great selection of entrees.. The desert bar is amazing..baklava, creamy rice pudding and my own two favorites: a pastry made of fylo and cream of wheat topped with cinammon and this other french one whose name i can't remember...crust and grand marnier filling and whipped cream...mmmmm!
    My husband once ordered the shrimp and scallop scampi and it was DELICIOUS!
    not too garlicky...but garlicky enough. and over rice that's covered in the scampi juices.
    there's scampi on the buffet but it's not as good. This dish is worth a try.

ooooh and did i mention they have a full bar and their cocktails are amazing?!

• Women's Travel

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Maple Tree Pancake House: Maple Tree Pancake House is a Favorite for us!!

by butterflykizzez04 Written Apr 6, 2005

Noel & Tiffany inside the Maple Tree for breakfast

This is another of our usual haunts when we go to Virginia Beach. This restaurant is only open from 7am to 2 pm. They only serve breakfast and some lunch. They are not an all day restaurant.

Favorite Dish: I usual get one egg/bacon w/toast. My usual breakfast food. The girls both got pancakes and bacon.
    They like the selection of different flavored syrups located in the center of the table. They usually try every flavor once or twice..sometimes more..lol

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Angelo's by the Sea: Great Italian Food at Angelo's at Colonial Inn

by butterflykizzez04 Written Apr 5, 2005

outside view of Angelo's by the Sea

The ambience of the restaurant was very Italian and romantic. It has one entire wall that is glass facing the oceanfront. The tables are a dark brown wood with candlelite teajars on the tables. The boothes were nice and cozy and the table tops had glass on them and beneath the glass was sand, shells and starfish.. the girls liked this alot.

Favorite Dish: I had the onion soup and salad. It was very good. Tiffany had chicken fingers and fries and Noel had the shrimp and fries basket.
    I drank a pina coloda and iced tea and the girls had sprite. My friend, Thomas from the navy, joined us and he had stuffed mushrooms and soda.

For an appetizer we had garlic bread and marinara sauce.

We all enjoyed our dinner and would definitely go back there again.

• Croc's: Not worth the money

by atexasex Updated Jun 8, 2007

We are Va Bch locals who tried Croc's for the first time tonight. After passing through the smoke from the bar, we were politely seated - even though the host broke a wine glass and had to move us to a second table. We ordered a tuna steak sandwich on a Kaiser roll, a half order of tomato basil fettucini and fish tacos. The tacos were pretty good howver, they were not served with a side order as per the menu. The 1/2 order of fettucini ($9.00) was described as a flavored pasta with a creamy tomato basil sauce and vegetables. What we actually got was a cereal bowl portion of lukewarm dry noodles - no sauce, no veggies. My wife's tuna steak sandwich was over cooked (curling up on the sides) on a stale hamburger bun , not a Kaiser roll. We have never sent food back before at any restaurant, but we did ask them to take the noodles away and bring my daughter a salad. Our waitress was very nice (if tenative) and she did mention our issue with the tuna to the owner who apparently told her that the roll was NOT stale and he couldn't do anything about the overcooked tuna. It took us over an hour to be served even though we were one of only three tables inside the restaurant. A big table of girls seated next to us before we arrived didn't receive their food until well after we were served. Suffice to say, we will not be back.

Instant Answers: Virginia Beach

Comments

Virginia Beach Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Virginia Beach restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Virginia Beach sightseeing.

View all Virginia Beach hotels