Woodbridge Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Woodbridge

• Winch's Profile Photo

Water's Edge: A Riverfront Deck in Northern Virginia

by Winch Updated Feb 6, 2011

Nestled on Virginia's placid Occoquan River, Water's Edge is still known to most locals by its former incarnations, Oasis and Gecko's and re-opened under new management as Waters Edge in Spring 2009..

The restaurant is one giant room, with a giant bar, and giant TVs. A DJ booth, bandstand and dance-floor are in use on weekends. (The indoor areas, except for a tiny smoking room, are non-smoking.) But it's the outside deck that is the real attraction, with a lively bar and shaded tables overlooking the riverside marina. On sunny days, the deck is filled with power-boaters (the worst kind) drinking pina coladas and Bud Lights. On Friday and Saturday nights, DJs and bands entertain the under-35 crowd (a mix of female federal workers, Marines from Quantico, and locals) with no cover (except for special events).

The menu is nothing special. The fried shrimp was dry and tasteless. They refused to serve a medium rare burger, and the well-done version was heavily spiced to make up for the lack of taste.

While the food is so-so, it's that peaceful, on-the-water setting in the midst of rush-hour on I-95 (the back-ups on the nearby bridge which you can see from the deck) and the friendliness of the staff that makes a visit worthwhile.

Favorite Dish: The Cuban Sandwich saves this place. Authentic and satisfying, rarely found north of Tampa.

Riverside deck at Waters Edge
    • Fishing
    • Sailing and Boating

• Waters Edge on the Occoquan: Great place for a Good Time!

by caligirl31 Written Jul 5, 2010

I have been coming here for years. It is under new management and is now a great place to go for a good time and dining. They have dancing, and a lot of other fun events. I love this place!

Favorite Dish: All you can eat CRABS! My Favorite! Monday through Friday til 12 am

• Music
    • Singles

• Bamboo Buffet: It;s changed for the Better!

by sAmmyx12 Written Aug 3, 2009

Well, I gave this restaurant another try since the first time I went here wasn't as good as I had expected. Let me tell you, it has definitely changed for the better! The food is great! It is so much better than before. They changed some of their food choices and the food is more fresh. When I didn't find the Chinese dish that I wanted, I asked the servers if they could ask the chef to make it and they said yes! That surprised me, but of course I don't think that they could make any type of food. What made me want to come back is that they don't always serve the same food day after day, they spice it up by adding variety. That is a major plus! The sushi is so good! They make different types of sushi that it's hard to choose among them! The chandeliers are so beautiful and atmosphere is relaxing and comfortable!

• high_d's Profile Photo

Ikea Restaurant and Cafe: Swedish/American food

by high_d Updated Mar 16, 2007

I will be biased again because I really like Ikea. Their version of Swedish food is good enough for me. The restaurant is tastefully decked out in mod dining tables/chairs. It's very clean and just fresh looking. The ambience is IKEA in itself. The food is also priced quite reasonably. Their mini Swedish grocery store offers similar food as that served in the cafe and restaurant.

Favorite Dish: We usually order the Swedish meatballs with gravy, served with red potatoes and lingonberry sauce. I also love their lingonberry juice. They have just recently added breakfast to their menu.

• high_d's Profile Photo

Bamboo Buffet~Noodle & Grill: All-You-Can-Eat, that's if you like the food :(

by high_d Updated Mar 16, 2007

Bamboo Buffet is a typical all you-can-eat-place. They serve mostly Chinese fare but also offer sushi, Italian, American type dishes. It has both salad and dessert bars with all the yogurt/ice cream one can handle. There were some folks having lunch when we stopped by. I should mention that I'm not a big fan of buffets because I tend to overeat to compensate my money's worth (LOL, no,no I'm really not a cheapskate...really!) but my travel buddies were hungry for Chinese and this was the first Chinese place we found, so in we went. The place was clean but could still use a bit more cleaning. Also right next to our booth was a mop and a bucket of dirty water. That really doesn't help one's appetite:(
    The price per person differ for lunch and dinner. For lunch it was $6.95/person. As soon as you come in the restaurant, you will be ask to pay upfront.The decor is typical of such establishments, they had large table settings and booths. After getting our drink orders, the server was prompt with taking away the used plates but we were not asked if we needed anything else.

Favorite Dish: Check out the pic of my plate. For the most part, my food was somewhat bland and nothing to rave about. I had a piece of sushi (it was okay), General Tso's chicken (was okay), fried rice (not that good, sorry, this Asian chick knows her fried rice), the stir-fry was much too bland plus a bit spicy and just a spoonful of corn. Whenever I'm in a Chinese restaurant, I always get the crab rangoon (it's typically cream cheese and chopped green onions with bits of crabmeat, this place had the fake crabmeat filling (tsk...tsk) then wrapped in wonton wrappers and deep fried). It was alright but nothing exceptional. For dessert, I had some orange slices, a really sour piece of pineapple, a terrible square piece of almond gelatin but I did enjoy the fried bananas. My travel buddies were also not pleased with their food.

what???all that for a beer?

• spartan's Profile Photo

Sakura Japanese Restaurant: A wonderful display

by spartan Written Apr 21, 2005

Sakura Japanese Steak and Seafood was founded in 1998 with 7 Tappan tables and a sushi bar. The motto of the company is great food, service and attitude.

Favorite Dish: I selected the Filet Mignon and Shrimp Combination Platter (tender filet mignon, shrimp, fried rice, vegetables, onion soup and shrimp flambe).

• spartan's Profile Photo

Buffalo Philly's: Wings, Cheesesteaks n' More

by spartan Updated Jul 18, 2003

Buffalo Philly is dedicated to serving family and friends of all ages. Their mission is to provide a quality meal with exceptional value, complete with professional customer service whether dining in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere or taking the order to go.

Favorite Dish: I looked in the phone book for a restaurant and happened to run across this one. Since the ad mentions that they serve jumbo wings, I selected the made to order Teriyaki Chicken Wings (served with celery and ranch dressing) with Seasoned Curly Fries on the side. A great choice I must say!!!

Instant Answers: Woodbridge

Comments

Woodbridge Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Woodbridge restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Woodbridge sightseeing.