Georgetown Nightlife

Most Recent Nightlife in Georgetown

• cjg1's Profile Photo

J. Paul's: Good Drinks & Atmosphere

by cjg1 Written May 8, 2015

Our first visit here was after some exploring of the Georgetown area we were in the mood for an afternoon drink and a small snack. The majority of the bars in the area were packed due to it being St. Patrick's Day weekend. We managed to find J. Paul's and it looked like it wasn't a rowdy crowd, so we decided to go in.

We managed to snag one of the last bar tables available which was sticlty due to perfect timing. Our waiter came over with menus and explained the specials of the day. After perusing the appetizers and drink offering we were good to go. I decided to have a Miller Lite. My wife chose a drink called The Something with Strawberry (yes that is the name, I thought she was joking until I saw it on the menu). We decided to split an order of fries for a snack.

This place is definitely lively with many seating areas; a large bar and numerous TV's throughout the place. As we waited forour drinks we watched some interesting arguments over sports, some drunken pub crawlers and a transvestite that wasn't fooling anyone(seriously the worst I have ever seen). Our drinks arrived with our fries in about ten minutes which was rather quick. My Miller Lite was good and I enjoyed their fries. My wife loved her drink; I think it was champagne, strawberries and some other liquor (don't remember).

Atmosphere here is good and I like the casualness of the place. We recently returned in April 2015 for a few drinks before heading off to dinner.

• genki44's Profile Photo

Blue Gin: Best new popular spot

by genki44 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Two level shwank bar located just of Wisconsin, hidden down a little alley.... no cover before a certain time... 10:00pm I think. From upstairs you can look through the opaque floor to downstairs. Although sometimes upstairs is hard to get up to.... they treat it like a VIP area. Try to go up early if you're there on a Friday or Saturday and STAY up there! :-)

Dress Code: Try the watermelon martinis and coconut chicken!

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Old Glory Bar-B-Que - M St, Georgetown

by Ewingjr98 Updated Sep 12, 2010

Old Glory Bar-B-Que (or just barbecue for those of you who can figure out the syllabic breaks in the word all by yourselves) is around the middle of M Street in Georgetown. We stopped in one night just to grab a few drinks and watch the Red Sox - Rays game on TV. We sat at one of the high-top tables next to the bar, and after about 10 minutes a waitress still had not shown up. Finally my friend elbowed into the bar and got a few draft beers... at a very expensive $6 or $6.50 each. Ouch.

Though we didn't eat, the food is just a expensive as the beer. Sandwiches all start around $10, beef or pork ribs for $20, and pulled chicken $14.

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Mr. Smiths - M Street in Georgetown

by Ewingjr98 Written Mar 10, 2009

Mr. Smiths is a restaurant and bar that has a live, sing-a-long piano on the main level, live bands upstairs, and a heated outdoor patio. I arrived about 9:30pm and met my friends, who luckily had claimed two high-top tables near the entrance. The piano bar started around 10pm and the crowd quickly poured in to take up every available place to stand. To find my way from our table to the restroom downstairs often took five minutes. Luckily we had a great waitress so we didn't have to elbow into the crowd to the bar to get beers. During the evening a bachelorette party filtered in, and of course they found my friend Matt. Don't they always find him? During breaks in the piano music, these girls kept us entertained running through their checklist for the evening.

Besides the ridiculous crowd that packed the bar at times, my only other complaint would be their unfortunate and unexpected beer shortage. Apparently OPEC's sister organization BeerPEC has cut production, because during the night, they went from about 10 draft beers to maybe only 2 or 3... just Yuengling, Murphy's, and Bud Light. And every time I asked for a beer, they gave me something different... this was a regular old Saturday night in the winter, really no excuse for a problem like this.

They say Tori Amos once played piano here and that the Bush twins used to frequent the pub.

Mr. Smiths has a happy hour daily from 4 to 7pm with $1.50 rail drinks, $1 off draft beers, and half priced appetizers. They also have daily specials like half priced appetizers on Mondays, half priced burgers on Tuesdays, $2 Coronas on Wednesdays, $2 Stellas and $2 nachos on Thursdays, and even buy one get one free dinners for college students on Sundays!

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Old Glory BBQ: Salute Old Glory

by ATXtraveler Written Apr 6, 2007

During our tour of M Street in Georgetown, and after nearly pulverising a pair of sunglasses, we went into Old Glory Barbeque on the request of Eric, our marketing czar. Josh, our resident system engineer recommended that Eric try an "Irish Car Bomb" for the first time. So, on the request of Josh, Eric and I both helped him be more educated on Irish American affairs. For those of you who do not know what an Irish Car Bomb is, let me fill you in. Take a shot glass, fill it halfway with Jameson Irish Whiskey, the other half with Bailey's Irish Cream. Take the shot glass and drop it into a half pint of Guiness, and drink before it curdles. The "explosion" of Irish tastes is what is known as an Irish Car Bomb.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

• Business Travel
    • Beer Tasting

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

GEORGETOWN Area: Dining, (window) shopping + photography :-)

by matcrazy1 Updated Oct 16, 2006

I was in Washington, DC in October when it's getting dark past 6.00 pm (midday my time). I am rather a night creature. My evening/night over-activity was additionally increased by 6 hours time difference between DC and Tychy, Poland and my jet lag during the first days in the USA. But when our great VT-friends had gone away we thought about how to spend long night hours in DC. After long discussion (stay in a hotel or go to see memorials in downtown or...) we ended up in a wealthy district of Georgetown because Urszula wanted to see those fancy boutiques described in our Polish travel book.

Indeed, she was enjoying them a lot whereas I usually didn't go in but was watching the displays. I was also dancing with my camera and watching people. Surprisingly there were few people in the beginning but slowly more and more people were coming to do some shopping after work. Well, they close their fancy boutiques at 9.00 pm Mon - Sat and at 6.00 pm on Sunday as I remember well.

Dress Code: Maybe casual (sneakers, jeans, T-shirt) for visitors but most locals are dressed more formal (jacket, shirt, trousers, costume).

RIGGS (FORMER) NATIONAL BANK BUILDING IN M STREET RIGGS (FORMER) NATIONAL BANK BUILDING M STREET M STREET, GEORGETOWN
    • Luxury Travel
    • Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Georgetown

Comments

Georgetown Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Georgetown nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Georgetown sightseeing.