Camera / Plenty of Film, Washington D.C.

Know about this?

D & I at the Jefferson Memorial
    by richiecdisc
  • richiecdisc's Profile Photo

travel light but not without a tripod

by richiecdisc Written Apr 25, 2010

D & I at the Jefferson Memorial

Luggage and bags: We used two small backpacks as it was only a four day trip. This allowed us to bring all our luggage on as carry on which saved us not only time but also money as all checked bags are paid for on domestic flights in the US.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Dress in layers for northeastern fall weather. Comfortable walking shoes are a must. Even with DC's great Metro, you do A LOT of walking.

Photo Equipment: A zoom comes in very handy at the zoo and for getting shots from up high but a wide angle is also important for capturing such grand features up close At tripod is essential for getting good nighttime shots and for those cute couple photos you all must be getting sick of by now. ;)

Miscellaneous: D is the perfect travel companion for a place like DC. She loves museums, is an adventurous eater and she's willing to get up early to see things in the best light even when she wasn't taking the photos herself. Much thanks to my lovely wife.

• Photography

• Lady-Charisma's Profile Photo

Historic sites call for lots of pictures...

by Lady-Charisma Written Jan 17, 2005

Luggage and bags: Travel as light as possible is what I always advise.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Take comfortable apparel appropriate to the weather. I recommend www.weather.com for anyone to check. And if you're there in the winter, definitely bring weather for the snow!

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: These are available at any convenience shop, I'm guessing.

Photo Equipment: Snapshot/Digital/Videocams

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Think more of outdoor gear if you are there to do a lot of stomping around in the city, rather than camping or beach gear.

• ccmoira's Profile Photo

Bring film

by ccmoira Written Apr 12, 2003

Photo Equipment: Those of you prosaic enough to still be using regular cameras (like me) know about the horrors of running out of film. And, inevitably in a "tourist spot" the film is really expensive. The same goes for D.C. especially if you buy it from one of those kiosks on the National Mall - so bring enough with you!

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

Packing List

by Krystynn Written Aug 24, 2002

Photo Equipment: I usually bring along TWO types of cameras with me and load them with TWO different types of films i.e. ASA200 film (for day) and the high speed Kodak 800 film for museums or places that do not allow flash photography. Personally, I don't like to lug around with me huge cameras. So, the cameras that I'm using currently are:

the Olympus mju Zoom (with wide-angle lens) which comes in silver metallic color (very cool!). I usually use this camera for day photography.
    the Pentax 150 Zoom which I use for places that does not allow flash photography.
    the Canon IXUS Zoom camera (my latest purchase) - smaller than the size of my palm comes in a cool metallic silver color. This camera requires a special type of film to be used. And when it comes to having the photos developed, all photo processing centers take at least ONE WEEK to have my photos developed! So, that's my only gripe i.e. I can't expect to have my photos developed within 24 hours. Sigh.

Miscellaneous: DON'T FORGET to bring along some medicine (just in case), your ATM card and a BIG smile!! Happy Travels to You!

'Traveling may be... an experience we shall always remember, or an experience which....alas, we shall never forget!' - J. Gordon (English Playwright); 1896-1952

Instant Answers: Washington D.C.

Comments

View all Washington D.C. hotels