Cafe Asia, Washington D.C.

2.5 out of 5 stars 4 Reviews

1134 19th Street, NW.

• DCsalsera's Profile Photo

Cafe Asia in Rosslyn: Cafe Asia in Rosslyn

by DCsalsera Written Aug 25, 2002

This is an extremely hip restaurant with a variety of Thai, Vientnamese and Japanese food. Very trendy and modern, reasonable prices and a great happy hour! One of the only restaurants in the US where you can place an order online and have it ready for pickup when you get there!

Favorite Dish: the sushi is great!!

• mattreider's Profile Photo

Cafe Asia: Sushi in Rosslyn

by mattreider Updated Jan 2, 2006

The once storied Pan-Asian restaurant in Rosslyn was a favorite of my wife, who once worked in downtown Rosslyn in the building with the big colorful people in front of it. Ah, many a Friday evening we met in Rosslyn, ate at the Asia Cafe, and crossed the bridge for an evening in Georgetown.

The interior is a high-ceilinged first floor of an office building, with large windows and shiny plywood modern furniture that is far more confortable than it appears.

The food is getting more Americanized (less light fare), but it's still a nice and loud place for and early or late dinner. We always try to take our out-of-town guests to Rossyln, a cleaner and more urbanized area of DC, well, okay, it's Virginia now.

• Cafe Asia: Food bad, portions good

by rich0123 Written Dec 12, 2007

Busy/loud lunch trade. Have been three times now, and now I know not to go back. Way too salty. I think they use MSG, too, as my face seems to always get flushed afterwards. Service has been hurried and curt. Today, waitress was obviously ill and coughed several times over our food. Have not found anything other than frozen/fried food decent. Hate to write a bad review, but this place deserves it.

• Odradek's Profile Photo

Mmmmmmmmmmm - Cafe Asia! This...

by Odradek Written Aug 26, 2002

Mmmmmmmmmmm - Cafe Asia! This place is fun, funky and the food is oh so tasty!
    The restaurant is very skinny.

Favorite Dish: There are so many choices and all of them are great. The last time I went there I got a lemon chicken and noodle dish that rocked my world. They have a sushi happy hour each day and the sushi is always fresh and delicious.

Instant Answers: Washington D.C.

Comments

View all Washington D.C. hotels