Hardrock Cafe, Washington D.C.

3.5 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars - 8 Reviews

999 E. Street NW,

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe - Washington DC: The Embassy of Rock 'n Roll

by TravellerMel Updated May 17, 2012

Hard Rock Cafe Washington DC

Love the Hard Rock - I've been collecting the pins for 25 years. This is a nice one - two stories, lots of memorablia. I love the ambiance - music videos playing on multiple screens (and not too loudly for a change). I was alone, so sat at one of the pub tables in the bar. My waiter, Chris, was very friendly and attentive. He laughed when I asked for "the world's largest glass of unsweet tea", but when he saw how fast I drank it down, he proceeded to bring me another, and another... I never had to ask again - there was always a refill at the ready.

Favorite Dish: I had the fajitas, which were WONDERFUL! I tell you, it doesn't look like much when they bring it, but it was very filling and I couldn't finish (but I made the effort!).

**May 2012** This time I had the New York Strip Steak, with smashed potatoes and green beans. Oh. My. Goodness. The steak was cooked perfectly and everything was delicious! My only complaint (if you want to call it that) is that I was so full, I couldn't have dessert. Sat at the bar and met a teacher from New Mexico, and a couple from Australia who were on their Hard Rock Honeymoon - they got married in OZ, then started their honeymoon in New York, went to both Niagara Falls cafe's, Baltimore, DC, then were continuing on to Las Vegas, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Hollywood, and San Diego. Now THAT's committment! :-)

• kumachan200x's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe Washington D.C: The Jumbo Combo

by kumachan200x Written Mar 6, 2004

Photo:HardRock.com

Favorite Dish: The Jumbo Combo (‘nuff to share)
    Ringo’s cousin is an expanded selection of our most popular starters. Including Santa Fe Spring Rolls, Chicken Wings, Onion Rings, Potato Skins and Tupelo Chicken. Served with four different sauces for mixing and matching.

Santa Fe Spring Rolls
    Stuffed with chicken, spinach, black beans, cilantro, kernel corn, jalapeños, Jack & Cheddar cheese. Served with fresh salsa and guacamole dressing.

Tupelo Chicken Tenders
    Seasoned breaded chicken tenders served with our homemade Bar-B-Que and honey mustard sauces.

Boneless Bodacious Tenders
    Boneless chicken tenders, lightly breaded and coated in our Classic Rock (medium), Heavy Metal (hot), or Tangy Bar-B-Que sauce. Served with celery and Bleu cheese dressing.

Classic Chicken Wings
    Hard Rock Wings, with your choice of our Classic Rock (medium), Heavy Metal (hot) or Tangy Bar-B-Que sauce. Served with celery & Bleu cheese dressing for dipping.

Homemade HRC Nachos (‘nuff to share)
    Fresh corn tortilla chips piled high with Jack and Cheddar cheese, homemade seasoned pinto beans and served with sour cream and jalapeños.

Southwest Nachos (‘nuff to share)
    Roasted corn, grilled red peppers, black beans, mounded Jack and Cheddar cheese melted to perfection. Topped off with green onions and sour cream and served with a side of fresh made salsa.
    Add homemade guacamole
    Add steak
    Add chicken

Potato Skins
    Large potato shells fried golden brown, filled with Jack and Cheddar cheese, crisp smoked bacon, green onions, parsley and a side of sour cream for dipping.

HRC’s Original Onion Rings
    Served with a side of our secret HRC Hickory Bar-B-Que sauce.

• jlee008's Profile Photo

Hardrock Cafe: "It's still rock n' roll to me..."

by jlee008 Written Nov 5, 2004

If you like Hardrock Cafes, you will probably like this one. It's a good consistent place to get something to eat. It's bit pricey for the kind of food you are getting and a bit normal for anyone who is a bit more adventurous. However, maybe you are in more of a less adventurous mood and you just want to get something you know, this would be the place.

HOURS:

Restaurant:
    Sun-Thurs 11 am-11 pm
    Fri-Sat 11 am-12 am

Hardrock Merchandise:
    Sun-Thurs 9 am-11 pm
    Fri-Sat 9 am-12 am

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: I go to collect the pins!

by GracesTrips Updated Feb 24, 2009

I have been very fortunate to have traveled to places where there just so happens to be an HRC in town! I collect the pins and I place them on a pillow that sits on my bed. I'm not one to collect trinkets and "dust collecting" items so this is a nice way to show where I have been. By the way, if you want to eat at HRC, the food is usually pretty good and plentiful. But when I'm on travel, I usually want to eat something I can't get back at home. The other appeal about HRC is the music memorabilia on display and the decor. Some have full size cars displayed inside the restaurant or sometimes the cars are protruding out of the entrance. This one in DC looked great especially with the lighted sign at the bar that changed into different colors.

Restaurant Sun-Thu 11am-11pm, Fri-Sat 11am-12am
    Merchandise Sun-Thu 9am-11pm, Fri-Sat 9am-12am

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

Why, Hard Rock Cafe, of...

by Krystynn Written Aug 24, 2002

Why, Hard Rock Cafe, of course!
    ;-) Great food and a super-friendly staff makes this tourist food joint a delight to dine in! Come and check it out for yourself....
    For avid collectors of HRC items, you may wish to grab one of their t-shirts as a souvenir!

• sabe's Profile Photo

I only spent one day in...

by sabe Written Aug 24, 2002

I only spent one day in Washington DC..but I ate a really expencive clubsandwich at Hard Rock Cafe..it was good and my waiter danced on the bar afterwards..so after not having one single picture of the Da.. White house I guess I was satisfied after all. (I saw it but it was night by then and no film left anyways so..)
    Dancing waiters.

Favorite Dish: Tha Club.

• AusChris26's Profile Photo

Apart from my hotel. I went to...

by AusChris26 Written Aug 25, 2002

Apart from my hotel. I went to eat at the local Hard Rock Cafe.. Kinda small as these places go, but the staff were friendly, and the beer was cold..
    Nothing unique about hard rock.

Favorite Dish: Beer

• KaisaL's Profile Photo

Hardrock Cafe: You have to go......

by KaisaL Written Jun 21, 2006
    Hard Rock Cafe Washington D.C.

Food was great, service great, music great, ambiance great.

Favorite Dish: I usually get a hamburger of some kind...very delicious.

Instant Answers: Washington D.C.

Comments

View all Washington D.C. hotels