Kelly's Irish Times, Washington D.C.

14 F St. NW, Washington DC, 20001 (202) 543-5433

• More like an American looking bar, than Irish ;)
    More like an American looking bar, than...
    by Turska
  • Kelly's Irish Times
    by Turska
  • moirholj's Profile Photo

Kelly's Irish Times: And right next door to The Dubiner...

by moirholj Updated Nov 20, 2004

Kelly's Irish Times, for a bit of Ireland in DC

Kelly's Irish Times was a great place to go because it is stripped of all the superficial 'irish bar' kitch. This place is large with double high cielings and an awesome bar sporting decorations in the form of police and fire department badges from around the world. There are also some interesting photographs as well as political memorabillia. I went on a quiet night, so I don't know if they have entertainment. I did like the 'dive bar' feel that this place had. Just dirty enough to feel like your not being too pampered.

Favorite Dish: B-E-E-R!
    :-)

• Turska's Profile Photo

Kelly´s Irish Times: Quite good pub food and beers

by Turska Written Mar 30, 2014

It was said to be Irish, but it looked quite American in our eyes. Of course some Irish things as decorations and Guinness served. But it didn´t matter, we just choosed it because of the location and they had some food. The other option would have been to eat at railwaystation, witch we didn´t want to do. (Or at another "Irish" place next to this, but it looked like more expensive one).
    We were quite disapointment we didn´t get to amy local craft brewery restaurant we had had in mind. We simply run out of time. Luckily the weither told about some local micro brewery beers and we had 4 pints, all different witch he suggest. They were quite goo all of them. Couldn´t choose witch one I would want and witch one my husband, so we shared each!
    We did also eat, since we hadn´t eaten anything else than brownies with cup of latte at Georgetown (where we didn´t find any other "not expensive" places than Starbucks..)
    I had some sort of chicken burger and my husband had a bagel staffed with ham and some other things. Both hot and served with fries. The hamburger and the bagel were quite good actually! Too bad that the fries were boring, allmost like in fast food places. But we ate them also, since we were quite hungry.
    The chicken tasted good, it was spicy, not just salt and pepper-style.

Favorite Dish: I think my portion was called this (copied from the menu): Smoked Chicken Kaiser
    I would order it again, if I would visit this place. Witch I wont..It was good, even though the "boring" fries. My husband also loved his bagel-bread, witch I didn not find at the menu.
    The local beers were good!!

• Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Washington D.C.

Comments

Hotels Near Kelly's Irish Times
4.0 out of 5 stars