Been here? Rate It!
Las Tapas: Great food and lots of fun.
If you like tapas than this is the place to go in the D.C. area. The food has so many flavors that at times it can be overwhelming. The atmosphere is fun and they have Flamenco or Spanish guitar music nights. The service is always excellent and the people very friendly. It is located in Old Town, Alexandria so if you are visiting this is a nice place to have lunch or dinner and see a different part of the greater D.C. area.
Las Tapas Authentic Spanish...
Authentic Spanish Cuisine.
[Credit of the image on the left: the restaurant's own little card one can pick up anywhere including your hotel lobby.]
This restaurant is not inside D.C. but in the Old Town of Alexandria, VA.
Very tasty food. Very good waiting stuff. Relax feeling. Authentic beautiful Spanish tile decoration. Large restaurant, with quieter rooms upstairs.
According to themselves 'Authentic Flamenco performances every Tuesday and Thursday; Spanish guitar music Wednesday-Saturday'.
See photos in the travelogue.
Favorite Dish: They have about 60 types of Tapas on the menu, plus entrees.
We had 3 Tapas:
1) Surtidos De Setas: Suateed portabella,oyster and button mushrooms in olive oil and garlic;
2) Pimientos Del Piquillo Rellenos: Roasted red bell pepper stuffed with crabmeat; and
3) Chipirones En Su Tinta: Sutffed calamari baked in calamari ink; and
the entree: Zarzuela De Mariscos: Combinations sauteed shrimp, calamari, mussels, clams, monkfish, rockfish, and salmon served with rice.
All are very tasty, excellent food. They can also leave the garlic out if you prefer. They have 4 types of paella.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Washington D.C. Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Oak Orchard Hotels
- Maui Hotels
- Auderghem Hotels
- Isle of Hope
- Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area Hotels