Weather Reports, Washington D.C.

Know about this?

• Weather Reports
    by dtownkitty
  • dtownkitty's Profile Photo

DON'T GIVE UP!

by dtownkitty Updated Sep 22, 2006

Rain couldn't ever possibly change my plans...There's always an alternative, nothing an umbrella can't fix. Right?
    It rained so hard that records were shattered. For the first time, all the Federal Buildings, including ALL museums closed. But fortunately, I had made reservations through my congressman for a tour of the Capitol building. It redeemed our trip.

CONTACT YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND ARRANGE FREE TOURS!

PS...See all the crazy tourists meandering in the background??? Moments later they were running, screaming in every direction. It came down in buckets!

• Summertime in DC

by jayhawk2000 Updated Jun 23, 2005

Summertime in DC means three things: heat, humidity and hundreds of thousands of tourists!

Twenty million people visit DC each year, and on some summer days it seems like half of them are there all at once. Competition for entry to popular places like the White House and Holocaust Museum is fierce in summer, with the day’s allotted tickets often handed out within the first hour of availability! You’ll also face long lines at the Washington Monument and to get in the US Capitol, sometimes for a couple of hours.

The heat and humidity can be unbearable. All the walking and standing in line will leave you exhausted and sunburnt.

My tip would be to visit in spring if possible. I’d love to see the city in late April, when the flowers bloom and the famous Japanese cherry trees blossom. It will be just as busy with tourists, but far more enjoyable weather-wise.

• lnalba's Profile Photo

Water, water, everywhere

by lnalba Written May 30, 2003

When I visited D.C during June, one day I made the mistake of drinking coke instead of water. Big mistake!! I ended up really dehydrated (very sore head, overheated, very sick). I felt so ill I wanted to die! The cure: a large glass of cool water. Took ages to drink it, but I felt so well by the evening, I went out for pasta. The centre of Washington has heaps of clean water fountains, and the water is not only delicious, but free.

• Museum Visits

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Parking 'Boots'

by Bwana_Brown Written May 13, 2003

Home Again

I had not spent much time in big cities so I remember being fascinated to watch the parking wardens outfitting the front wheel of violating autos with 'The Boot' until the tow truck arrived for their victim. However, an even greater shock awaited as we returned to the reality of Spring in Fredericton!

• miclev21's Profile Photo

Another car trapped.

by miclev21 Written Oct 4, 2004
    My roommates car

Ha ha right?
    Just make sure you drive defensively and offensively in this area. Many people do not know how to drive their cars.

People get crazy when it is just sunny...Be aware.

• OrlandoBR's Profile Photo

Just beware of the cruel...

by OrlandoBR Written Sep 8, 2002

Just beware of the cruel winter, you won't be able to walk and the city will look *nothing* like in this picture... by the way, that's Pennsylvania Avenue seen from the Capitol.

Instant Answers: Washington D.C.

Comments

View all Washington D.C. hotels