Bellevue Restaurants

Those were BIG plates of food!
    by kehale
  • Simple, Economical Dining at Indo-American Grocery
    Simple, Economical Dining at...
    by glabah
    Sashimi
    by olgaehr

Most Recent Restaurants in Bellevue

• kehale's Profile Photo

Gilbert's On Main: BIG Breakfast

by kehale Written Nov 9, 2012
    Those were BIG plates of food!

We found this place by chance on a Sunday morning when we were looking for a breakfast spot in Bellevue. We'd just about given up and were ready to head into Seattle when we spotted Gilbert's. We found parking easily and headed inside to order. The place was relatively small, but the big windows and high ceilings made it feel bright and airy.

You order at the counter and the staff are very friendly and happily recommend items, and advise you the food. I ordered one of the pancakes that had poppy seeds, apple and walnut in it. The man at the counter explained that the pancakes were big, like the size of the plate, but I told him that was okay. He was not JOKING! They were the BIGGEST pancakes I had ever seen and they were soooo delicious! Between me and our little girl (15 months), we barely got through half of the plate. My boyfriend had one of their delicious (and also very large) omelette's. Though we couldn't clean our plates, we were pleased with the food we got, and were happy it was nice enough to sit outside that day, as our little girl enjoyed playing on the sidewalk (which was very quiet that morning).

• glabah's Profile Photo

Indo-American Grocery: Relatively Economical Pay-by-lb Indian in Downtown

by glabah Written Oct 27, 2011

Simple, Economical Dining at Indo-American Grocery

[Unfortunately, only one of the photos I took of this place turned out - and even then only marginally so.]

While it is probably not the best food in downtown Bellevue, it is certainly a switch from the number of expensive restaurants that cater to the high-tech high-wage earners that also eat in downtown Bellevue. It is a simple grocery store and restaurant. When you enter the place, you will find there are about eight vats of various Indian food near the doorway. You grab a styrofoam tray that is really designed for takeout, plop whatever it is that you want into the tray, and weigh it at the counter. The minimum charge is $5.99, so you want to make sure you put at least that much food into your tray before it is weighed. They have various drinks, including a tea for $1.50.

While the primary market here is take-out, there are several tables here for those who would like to eat in the grocery / restaurant.

Favorite Dish: It was all reasonably good food, but I would not consider any of it something I would place into my "Favorite" category. It simply fit with my mood at the time, which was to avoid all the high priced restaurants I had walked past in trying to find a reasonably priced place.

• sinjabc's Profile Photo

John Howie Steak: Extraordinary Steakhouse

by sinjabc Written Sep 29, 2010

The overall experience and the numerous staff members that made our evening extraordinary were all outstanding. The waiter was excellent, as was the Sommelier. Even the Manager came by to ask how we were doing. All staff members were delightful and friendly.

I started with the Tempera Fried Kurobuta Bacon (amazing), the Peppercorn Rib Eye (tasted like delicious cake) with the with Beecher's Mac & Cheese and double stuffed potato. Unfortunately, we were too full for dessert (many excellent choices). I could only consume half of my dinner, but the leftovers later were exquisite. I would go back to this restaurant in a heartbeat.

Best steakhouse I have ever had the pleasure of dining in.

• olgaehr's Profile Photo

I Love Sushi: They got this one right

by olgaehr Written Nov 28, 2007
    Sashimi

Out of all the I Love Sushi locations, the one in Bellevue is the best.

Their quality of fish is amazing out of all Bellevue, if not Seattle. And they put time into presentation as well.

The lunch time is the best during the week, they have really good sushi combos for a great price

• barney1974's Profile Photo

The Cheesecake Factory: Cheesecake galore

by barney1974 Updated Feb 7, 2007
    Cheesecake Factory

This Cheesecake Factory is located right by Bellevue Square. The main attraction is of course, the cheescake. THey have several different kinds to choose from. The food menu is one of the longest i've ever seen so I'm sure that there is an entree and appetizer for your taste. I don't think the food is that special plus out of the 7 dishes we ordered, two were not cooked how we had asked them to do it. Add that to the 1 hour 15 minute wait we had (After being told it would be 15 minutes), I dont' think i'll be going back there. Not worth the cheesecake, although there is a special area where you can buy that separately and not wait in line.

Favorite Dish: Kahlua cheesecake. Very good! the dinner i had was not soo good.

Maggiano's Little Italy: Great Italian food in Bellevue

by aukahkay Written Oct 26, 2006

Maggiano's Little Italy in Lincoln Square Bellevue is reminiscent of New York's Little Italy. The interior of the restaurant is partitioned into 4 smaller rooms in classic decor. The service is excellent and the staff have good knowledge of the dishes on the menu.

Favorite Dish: I had the fettucine alfredo with broccoli.

McCormick and Schmick's: Fresh Seafood in the heart of Bellevue

by aukahkay Written Oct 26, 2006
    Atlantic salmon in northwest berry sauce

McCormick and Schmick's is a premier chain of seafood restaurants with more than 50 branches throughout the USA. I had the opportunity to dine at the Bellevue branch of McCormick and Schmick's located in Lincoln Square in the heart of Bellevue. It was a weekday but the restaurant was packed with people. Reservations are definitely required.

Favorite Dish: Seafood is at its best at McCormick and Schmick's. I had the Atlantic Salmon with northwest berry sauce and an appetiser of clams in butter sauce.

Ruth's Chris Steakhouse: The best steak in eastern Seattle suburbs

by aukahkay Written Oct 24, 2006
    Me and my giant sized sirloin steak at Ruth's

Located in Bellevue Square in the heart of Bellevue, WA is Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. This is a fine dining steakhouse decorated in traditional mahogany wood panelling. Popular with Seattlites, this steakhouse is a great place to spend an evening with friends or relatives.

Favorite Dish: The restaurant specialises in steak. I had the sirloin steak which was simply so succulent and delicious. The serving of steak is huge by Asian standards and goes well with a glass of red wine.

• Sunshine64's Profile Photo

Taphouse Grill: Awesome Happy Hour

by Sunshine64 Written Dec 17, 2004

Great place after shopping at Bellevue Square - 1 block away.

This place has a lot of personality and great, cheap food during happy hour, including California & Spicy Tuna rolls, plus more traditional bar fare. The restaurant and "regular" bar food look good, too.

No drink specials during happy hour, just cheap food.

160 kinds of beer on tap!

• Beer Tasting

• Sunshine64's Profile Photo

Dixie's BBQ - Great BBQ, and...

by Sunshine64 Written Aug 25, 2002

Dixie's BBQ - Great BBQ, and if you like hot sauce, you have to 'Meet the man'
    It's in a converted auto shop, next to an overpass. Kind of hard to find, unless you go at lunch and see the long line.

Favorite Dish: BBQ Pork Sandwich

• kelvin_meeks's Profile Photo

Kissa Kaede: Great Traditional Japanese Atmosphere

by kelvin_meeks Written Jul 27, 2005
    Kissa

Excellent service - traditional Japanese/Okinawan flavor - tastefully decorated - good atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: Gyoza - and the sushi special :)

Instant Answers: Bellevue

Comments

Bellevue Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bellevue restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bellevue sightseeing.