Bellingham Restaurants

• Chuckanut has both Brewery and Food Kitchen
    Chuckanut has both Brewery and Food...
    Modern Interior of Chuckanut dining room
  • Huge Owl greets Visitors to Chuchanut Brewery
    Huge Owl greets Visitors to Chuchanut...

Best Rated Restaurants in Bellingham

• LeoM's Profile Photo

Anthony's Homeport: Awesome Fresh Seafood

by LeoM Written Oct 17, 2004

The food is excellent. Great Seafood, Open Atmosphere, vert ambiant. Very trendy

Favorite Dish: All the seafood is excellent....very very fresh.
    Clam Chowder is awesome, as well as the Blackened Rockfish. Blackberry pie is to die for!!

Bellwether Way, with Anthony's left side of pic
    • Business Travel
    • Wine Tasting

• dragoness86's Profile Photo

Mallard's Ice Cream: Forget Coldstone.. go for the DUCK!

by dragoness86 Written Apr 30, 2006

Mallards is a local favorite for fresh, crazy ice cream. This shop has anything from the classics to super chocolate (dark chocolate), cardamom, jalepeno, nectarine, lavendar, rose, green tea and MORE! Almost everytime you go there they've rotated flavors and you've got something new to try.

They've recently moved from their old small location for bigger & hipper. Late nights often prove to be packed with college kids out for some sweet fixes but the lines go fast. You can stay and play games too.

Favorite Dish: My personal favorite is super vanilla with cookies and cream but their flavors change so often that I always try something new and exciting!

They also serve local Moka Joe coffee and different soups. They now also have Mallards shirts!

• RavPadfoot's Profile Photo

The Bagelry: The Best Bagels Anywhere

by RavPadfoot Written Jun 12, 2005

This restaurant is a Bellingham institution and sells the best bagels i have ever had. In addition to a variety of bagels and spreads, they sell sandwiches, salads and soups. There is always a line of people waiting for a fresh, warm bagel right out of the oven. This place is a gem.

Favorite Dish: My favorite item on the menu is the sourdough bagel with cream cheese, especially when it is right out of the oven.

• artgrad's Profile Photo

Colophon Cafe: Best Pot Pie in Town!

by artgrad Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Colophon in Fairhaven serves delicious hearty simple food, with a warm and relaxed atmosphere. Sandwiches, soups, quiches and more. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options. They have an ice cream counter and cafe upstairs where you can order anything off the menu and bus your own table, or go downstairs to be served in the restaurant. Great desserts as well. The first Bellingham restaurant I ever came to back when I visited over 15 years ago.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish is their vegetarian pot pie. So filling and tasty. Affordable too.

La Vie En Rose: French Bakery

by artgrad Written Feb 6, 2005

La Vie En Rose is my favorite local bakery. Not only do they make delicious pastries, cakes and scones, but they have a deli case and very affordable lunch items. Everything is made from scratch in their Anacortes bakery, and they also offer catering. Visit their website for menu ideas.

Favorite Dish: My mouth waters whenever I see their stuffed roll. It's more like a mini calzone than a roll, but you can eat it cold and it is amazing.

• arcangel62000's Profile Photo

La Fiamma: Pizza...cooked in woodstove ovens!!!

by arcangel62000 Written Sep 28, 2003

To be honest there is no other place that makes pizza like this anywhere nearby...not just Bellingham but at least a county or two...maybe even three. On a warm day most folks will choose to sit outside. The aromas are HEAVEN!!! Simply...relax & enjoy!!!

Favorite Dish: Sofia Pizza ...Tomato sauce, prosciutto, rosemary, red onion, mozzarella and freshly cracked pepper. This is my favorte pizza there... perfect balance of texture & flavor...I'm a rosemary lover too!!!
    I love to drink the fresh made rosemary lemonade too...and I will tell you one glass is not enough!!!
    Dessert...yummy...Oh-so Ginger Ice Cream Sam'ich-Chewy homemade ginger, ginger, ginger cookies, vanilla ice cream, and covered with warm caramel sauce....this is awesome and makes your taste buds so happy!!! You will need some hot tea or coffee to rinse this down though...ENJOY!!!

• dragoness86's Profile Photo

Boomers Drive In: Delicious, cheap burgers?! I'm in!!

by dragoness86 Written Mar 27, 2006

Boomers is a 50's style drive in, with a huge menu. They've got a fireplace inside and the waitresses are great. Between Feb-March it's their anniversary and always cut prices down to any burger for $1.49!

Favorite Dish: I always just get the Combo #1 (boomer burger, fries and a hard ice cream shake, always banana), wich runs about $6.50. All of their other burgers are great too! The waffle fries are awesome, and seasoned with lawry's salt. mmmm mmm!!

• dragoness86's Profile Photo

Coconut Kenny's: Pizza & Sandwiches - Hawaiian Style!

by dragoness86 Written Apr 30, 2006

Coconut Kenny's is a little restaraunt, about 10 talbes, not far from the freeway. Here you can order different styles of pizza and sandwiches. The owner set the interior up to make you fee like your in Hawaii, even with a little cabana inside.

Favorite Dish: I ordered the Killed BBQ Pork Sandwich, and it was like lu'au pork all over again. SOO DELICIOUS! The owner said that its a customer favorite, and you really can't go wrong with it. It runs about $6, but is the size of a dinner plate. I really was only able to eat about a quarter of it at the time, and just took it home and have been wittling away since. ;)

I also ordered the cheese balls, which I was under the impression that these were going to be deep fried goodness. These actually ended up being bread-stick balls covered in cheese and baked, you get about a dozen. A unique idea and really good, but I wouldn't order them again. These ran $3.99 I think.

Old Town Cafe: Organic Breakfast

by artgrad Written Feb 1, 2005

Laid back, warm atmosphere, and kid friendly. Old Town is great for breakfast and lunch, many of their ingredients coming from local farms. They display local artwork which is for sale, and occasionally have live music. There is a small children's play area if the kids get bored with eating, although the food is delicious.

Favorite Dish: I can't say I have a favorite dish, but I haven't had a bad one yet. Vegan/vegetarian options. Expect a wait on weekend mornings, as this a breakfast hotspot for locals.

Boomer's: Old Fashioned Drive-In

by artgrad Updated Feb 5, 2005

Good old American food, with drive-in service as well as a small indoor seating area and fireplace. Friendly waitstaff. Good variety of burger styles, and a garden burger can be substituted for any order. Unique waffle fries and dozens of shake flavors.

Favorite Dish: Chocolate shake. When I was little I used to get a chocolate shake as a meal. Probably not the best nutrition plan, but I'd say Boomers does a great job with it - not too much chocolate and not too little.

• glabah's Profile Photo

Chuckanut Brewery and Kitchen: A Bit of Food, But Mostly Come for the Beer

by glabah Written Jul 1, 2013

As the name implies, you can look out one of the windows at the facility across the driveway and see the beer being made right there in the brewery. The beer brewed here has won a few awards over the years. However, the food served here is also part of the attraction.

Check the specials board for whatever happens to be on special.

Since eating here, I have heard great things about the Meatloaf Sandwich but unfortunately that isn't what I had - instead opting for the more traditional BLT. It was good, certainly, but not worthy of the significant positive reviews that I have now heard about the meatloaf sandwich, so that is what I plan to get next time.

While Holly Street is a reasonably busy road, it isn't as unpleasantly busy as a number of other streets, so the outdoor patio isn't necessarily an unpleasant place. Be prepared for the occasional train, however.

The art seen on the walls is for sale for the most part.

Chuckanut has both Brewery and Food Kitchen Modern Interior of Chuckanut dining room Huge Owl greets Visitors to Chuchanut Brewery BLT Sandwich and Fries for $8.50 Artwork on Wall is For Sale, and Food Oriented
    • Beer Tasting

• kehale's Profile Photo

Mi Mexico: Excellent Mexican

by kehale Written Sep 26, 2014

Since we live a short drive from the U.S. border, we often head down to the Bellingham area to do some shopping. We have spotted Mi Mexico on numerous occasions and in September of 2014 we finally decided to stop in for dinner on our way down to Sea-Tac airport. The staff was friendly when they greeted us and we were seated quickly in a nice comfy booth. The restaurant has such a cheery feel and it was full of families enjoying great food. It took us a bit to choose what to order as the menu has extensive options. We weren't given a children's menu, but when we ordered just a side chicken & cheese enchilada for our daughter the waitress let us know they had a children's option for less that included rice & beans, so we opted for that.

Favorite Dish: I ordered the Enchilada Mole - which was delicious, but I think next time I would definitely order something more savoury, instead of with a sweeter sauce on top. The beans were great (not overly salty which we find at a lot of Mexican places), they were even our 3 year olds favourite part of the meal. Overall, we were pleased and we will definitely make a return trip here, as we find it hard to come by great Mexican food up in Canada

• sinjabc's Profile Photo

North Fork Brewery: Best Pizza Near Mount Baker

by sinjabc Written Jun 30, 2008

A friend me for dinner here on a Sunday after camping near Mount Baker. I had the Mediterranean pizza and it was sensational! Even now, as I eat left overs, the slices still are delicious.

There was a slight line-up (20 minutes), but it was worth it. Try the home-brewed rootbeer too!

• Beer Tasting

Busara Thai and Siamese: Cheap, Elegant Thai

by dragoness86 Written Mar 9, 2007

If you can't tell already, I'm definitely a connoisseur for Thai. Busara is definitely the best place to go for cheap Thai. It has a very pleasant interior, with large and small tables to accommodate different group sizes.

Favorite Dish: Gang Gai curry - red curry with coconut milk, red and green peppers with (here comes the best part) bamboo shoots. MM! I've been known to eat there several times a week its so good. Order some Thai Iced Coffee with it too!

• sinjabc's Profile Photo

Moshi Moshi: Fantastic sushi!

by sinjabc Written Jun 15, 2007

Found this quaint place online. It is located in a strip mall off the I-5 highway. Never would have tried this restaurant on passing it by.

The restaurant has all kinds of original, creative and delicious sushi rolls. My personal favourites are the Hawaiian and Belligham. I was eager to try others, but the two of us were full after sharing 3 rolls.

Service was gracious and friendly. I will definitely go back!

Instant Answers: Bellingham

Comments

Bellingham Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bellingham restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bellingham sightseeing.