Blaine Travel Guide

• Off The Beaten Path
  • Off The Beaten Path
  • Semiahmoo Resort

Blaine Things to Do

• Take beautiful pictures of the sunset

It's all about nature here in Blaine. There are the wild flowers, the sea lions just hanging out on the barge, the seagulls, the herons flying, the eagles...What more? There is the beautiful sunset! Take a beautiful picture of the sunset. As for me, I took my daughter and perched her on the fence and got some awesome pictures! She didn't like it at...

• Enjoy the flowers in Blaine

There are so much wild flowers in Blaine especially at the resort in Semiahmoo. Fields and fields of wildflowers! It's so much fun walking over there and have the great feeling of living like those in the drama series "Little House on the Prairie".

• Peace Arch Park

Park on the US Side, take the road beside Denny's at the last I-5 exit, to the end at the Peace Arch State park. Walk around, take pix of the Peace Arch, Being 1/2 in US & 1/2 in Canada. BC side has best gardens. Spend just 1/2 hour or have a picnic. It's ok to walk around the park into Canada, but don't try to enter Canada that way (leave the...

Blaine Hotels

Blaine Restaurants

• The fish and chips and the 4th of July...

We drive over 100 miles just to come and eat the barbecued salmon and the fish and chips! There is nothing like having a barbecue with a group of people, drinking your lemonade, eating your fish and chips while listening to a live band...The view is beautiful! Every year, I choose barbecued salmon, a cheeseburger with melted swiss cheese, a slice...

• You won't belive this is in Blaine

This is a typical "Northwest" restaurant. I would classify it as "fine" dining. Usually we go for the Mother's Day Champagn Brunch. Salmon is certainly one of the best things on the menu. Also a good selection of NW or other wines. The bar has a nice setting. The whole resort is based on the old Salmon cannery that used to be in the building. So...

• Blaine Hotels

5 Hotels in Blaine

76 Reviews and Opinions

Blaine Nightlife

by Bellinghamster Updated May 2, 2003

Casino with table games and pull tab machines.
    Full restaurant, includes breakfast, lunch & dinner. Good Family type dining.
    Motel attached to Casino. Basic motel.
    Full bar also a part of the Casino.

• Casino and Gambling

Blaine Local Customs

• joiwatani's Profile Photo
    The 4th of July barbecue 4 more images

by joiwatani Updated Jul 8, 2010

Every 4th of July, the Semiahmoo Resort in Blaine offers barbecue to the public. For $20 per person, you can have your own table waiting for the fireworks of July!

I bring my family here to spend the 4th of July. It is very relaxing for me. I don't have to deal with the traffic going to the city to watch the fireworks, spend time cooking or barbecuing. I come here to relax, go for a walk, watch the sunset and the wild life...and, voila, there's food waiting for me!

Most of the residents nearby come here to see the fireworks, too. They just lay down their match, have their chairs and wait for the fireworks.

I saw some families bring their trucks with loads of fireworks and just do their own fireworks on the beach!

• Hiking and Walking

Blaine Warnings and Dangers

One of the Border Monitoring Cameras

by Bellinghamster Updated Apr 4, 2011

Along the North end of Blaine there are a series of towers with cameras (including nightscope). They are watching the border for various smuggling activities.
    There is also a camera on I-5 to check border line-up conditions. That's the link listed below (SOW -DOT Cameras in the Blaine area).

Blaine What to Pack

by Bellinghamster Written Mar 29, 2003

Miscellaneous: US money is worth much more in Canada than Canadian money is worth in the US. Use a credit card for best results, otherwise Safeways or the Provincial liquor stores give the best rates. Rates should run near 50% more C $ for a US $.

• Business Travel

Blaine Off The Beaten Path

• The wildlife at Semiahmoo Resort

While I was driving at the strip of Semiahmoo, I saw some deer passing. It was amazing that there is wildlife here! I also saw some sea lions and herons on the Marina side of the strip. It was beautiful!

• The 4th of July activities at Semiahmoo

We come here for a barbecue on the 4th of July and see the fireworks. I bring friends and relatives and book a night here for entertainment and food. It is very relaxing just to watch people celebrating the 4th of July! And,my children go to the beach and enjoy playing in the sand.

• I saw double rainbow at Semiahmoo Resort

For the past three years, we had been inviting friends to spend the 4th of July in Semiahmoo. Last year, we saw double rainbows.

Instant Answers: Blaine

Comments

Map of Blaine