Federal Way Restaurants

Happy diners at Salty's
    by karenincalifornia

Most Recent Restaurants in Federal Way

• africateach's Profile Photo

It's Greek to Me!: Don't Pass up the Gyros!!!

by africateach Written Feb 2, 2009

I had to click on one of the themes for this restaurants, and because they did not list Greek, I just picked as you see. I have to say that this is without a doubt the best Greek food that I have tasted here in the Seattle/Tacoma area! This is a very low end place that seats about 20, but the food will make up for any decor/location faults! The gyros are very large portioned, the pizza is very well made with a good sauce and the crust is very crunchie!!! The girls that work/serve there are very friendly and make the experience of eating cheap good food even better! I believe that even since we live about 20min. away, it is worth the trip!

Favorite Dish: GYROS!!! They put tons of meat on and you can actually see it well under the lettuce, sauce and tomatoes.

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

Salty's: Waterfront Dining

by karenincalifornia Updated Jul 4, 2006

Happy diners at Salty's

Amid an overabundance of chain stores and restaurants, Salty's is breath of fresh air. It does have sister restaurants in Alkai Beach and Portland, but it is not really a chain. Salty's is an institution in Redondo Beach, just next door to Federal Way. It was there when I was growing up, and was there long before all the chains in Federal Way started popping up. The food is reliably good, and the location is perfect - right on the water with lots of outdoor dining.

My little sister used to work here, a long time ago. She would tell us about Salty's monthly wine selling contests among the wait staff. My non-drinking little sister usually would win the monthly contest. (I always did think she was a bit pushy.) So, I couldn't help laughing when our server tried to push a bottle of wine on my friends and me, even after we said "No thank you." I asked him if Salty's still had the monthly wine selling contest...he said "Yes".

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Favorite Dish: My friends liked their fish. I had the caesar salad. Now, I'm very picky about my caesar salads, and in my opinion, most seafood restaurants do not know how to make a caesar salad. Salty's is an exception. The caesar was delicious!

• Water Sports

Instant Answers: Federal Way

Comments

Federal Way Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Federal Way restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Federal Way sightseeing.