Langley Travel Guide

Langley Hotels

Langley Restaurants

• Jagid's Profile Photo

by Jagid Written Nov 8, 2008

I don't know how everyone keeps overlooking this, fab! restaurant? It is the ONLY place for a good breakfast on this island.

The decor is very warm and on those PNW cold, grey mornings it is very inviting. Its cozy and there is a cute gas fireplace in the front to take the chill off. On the day we went it was really busy (as is normal for weekends in Langley). So expect, if you visit on the weekend or holidays, that you may have to wait for a table. The breakfast menu is at its peak on the weekends, so expect a more "limited" menu on the weekdays. We always go for Eggs Benedict or, my personal fav, the Corned Beef Mash which is made with mashed potatoes and soooo much better than hash.

The breakfast menu is pretty vast and there are allot of choices. The lunch menu is a little more, limited but one has to keep in mind its a small restaurant.

The service is pleasant and not "overbearing". They are attentitive but sometimes overwhelmed by the crowds. Coffee is always flowing and they have espresso too. I always get the Giant European Mimosas!

Everyone should stop by and check this place out. Its a little "hidden" but, just ask around. I've eaten at all the breakfast joints on the south end, this place is the ONLY one I recommend to anyone who asks. I just thought I would let the world know what they are missing.:)

Favorite Dish: Corned Beef Mash, its made fresh with garlic mashed potatoes and corned beef mixed in, the grill it and smother it in Irish Cheese. Believe me, in the winter this dish rocks!! Its topped with eggs, cooked however you want and toast. I'll bet you will be hard pressed to finish it all.

• pondwire's Profile Photo

by pondwire Written Jul 4, 2006

I love going to my favorite spot on Whidbey Island! Langley is a very small town on the south end of the island, but it has all you need for a fun afternoon and evening. That includes dining and having a glass of microbrew (or Chardonnay) at The Dog House. First of all, the view is the best of any restaurant in Langley. You can virtually walk right to the beach after lunch. The first thing you do if you enter from the street, is walk through the original swinging saloon doors. The building was built in 1908, and has retained that character, as the floor boards creek and the architect didn't foresee a modern restaurant. But if you wanted same ol'- same ol', you can go to Seattle, right? (Or the Beachfire Grill in Freeland!) This place is a slice of the past and a fun, relaxing place to eat.

Favorite Dish: Fish & Chips!

• Beaches
    • Beer Tasting

• Langley Hotels

5 Hotels in Langley

Instant Answers: Langley

Comments

Langley Travel Guide
Map of Langley