Leavenworth Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Leavenworth

• rmdw's Profile Photo

München Haus: Great hot dogs & beer

by rmdw Written May 18, 2013

There aren't many food offerings at the München Haus but what they do provide, they do well. I opted for a beef & pork bratwurst, some potato salad, a pretzel, and a dark beer.

You order your food up front in a cafeteria style fashion and your beer further back in a similar manner. There are two levels of seating with the main level consisting of benches, providing "family style" seating.

On a sunny day, there's nothing better than enjoying a large beer and a hot dog and soaking in the atmosphere.

• Beer Tasting
    • Singles

Los Camperos: The best Mexican Restaurant in Leavenworth

by joiwatani Written Sep 28, 2011
    The soft burritos

The soft burritos were served with spicy salsa and topped with mashed avocados! The presentation is elegant like fine dining and yet the price is cheap!

The restaurant has a beautiful Mexican ambience. The walls are decorated with authentic Mexican arts.

The cashier's table has a collection of money all over the world! And, we were told that most of their guests/customers leave their money there for their collection.

There is a space outside the restaurant on top of the roof with umbrellas and few tables. It was too hot when we were there (month of August 2011), and my sister Nora don't like sun exposure too much! (I rather be sitting at the deck!)

As for starters, the waiter served as with homemade corn chips with Pico de Gallo. It came with every order! These were served on a woven basket with dipping salsa plates.

I chose this restaurant because my sister and her husband who were visiting from Japan have not tasted Mexican food yet. They ended liking the burrito.

Favorite Dish: The soft burritos and the cornchips dipped in medium-spiced home made salsa. There is also sour cream on the side.

• dlandt's Profile Photo

King Ludwig's Restaurant: Best German and Schweinhaxen

by dlandt Written Jul 26, 2011

When I am in Leavenworth I go toone place for sure, King Ludwig's. This restaurant specializes in Schweinhaxen and is so aptly named for only a mad king (and me) would eat a royal feast of this size. Half the size of a basketball, slow roasted and crispy on the outside this treasure is a true favorite for anyone who likes German food. They have other things which are good, beer and sausages and schnitzel, things like that, but the schweinhaxen are what brings me through the door. You can have it ona family platter with weinkraut and red cabbage and share.

Favorite Dish: haxen

• timsperry's Profile Photo

Baren Haus: No wonder it was empty..

by timsperry Written Jul 21, 2011

Lets start by saying the waitress did the best she could with what she had to work with.
    Whan you enter you can see the owner can not afford to invest in the decor.
    Sit on the hard wood bench and order a New York Cut stake.
    It takes them 20 minutes to relize they do not have any New York cut.
    So, to save time you order the Prime Rib. "it is the special" And ask for it to be cooked medium.
    By the time you recieve your burnt meat you watch the sun go down and wonder if you will see it rise before you get served.
    Did I say that there were only two couples in the place including my wife and I?
    A third small family with two small children came in before we left. I looked back at them as we went out the door wondering if the children would be old enough to vote when they left.

Favorite Dish: The warm bread the waitress brought us,,,,,that is the best I can say about the place.

• jumpingwithnorman's Profile Photo

South: Nothing Latin but the Food

by jumpingwithnorman Written Jul 29, 2010

Doesn't look like a Latin restaurant from the servers and the exterior but the food is really, really good. Clean, spartan furnishings. Friendly, prompt service. They also have an outside eating area and offer free WiFi. There's a small bar area with limited seating also.

Favorite Dish: Complimentary chips were crunchy, fresh and goes well with the salsas. They have a little salsa bar but be warned (though my palate is sensitive to the hot stuff) that they don't really cater to wussies here. There's hot and then hotter. Though the hot is bearable so I may just be being extra-wussy. The pork carnitas was very tender and delicious. I'd requested flour tortillas in lieu of the regular corn tortillas. Found the flour tortillas were divine! We also ordered the creamed chicken with rice that was absolutely delicious. The grilled steak salad was pretty good too.

Tumwater Inn Restaurant: Experience the real hospitality of Leavenworth

by joiwatani Updated Sep 4, 2007

The Tumwater Inn Restaurant

Tumwater Inn has a restaurant that serves great food! The restaurant is smal and cozy. The walls of the restaurant are decorated with pictures of Washington apples advertisements in the old days. The windows are dressed with lace curtains. The servers are friendly and hospitable.

Favorite Dish: I love the steak with mushrooms on it. It comes with baked potato with butter and sour cream. It also comes with house' chicken noodle soup! My daughter Shelby liked the steak with sweet onions. Shelby said the food is really, really good but cannot finsh the whole thing so she had a doggy bag to bring home! Rainier ordered the salmon linguine. And, she was barely touching it! She didn't like her order! Erik ordered the German sausage on a bed of saurkraft. He said it was delicious. It came with rice filaf.

Visconti Restaurant: Try the Visconti Restaurant

by joiwatani Written Sep 3, 2007

The Visconti Restaurant

The restaurant is adjacent to the Viadolce. It is very convenient because the restaurant is located at the Front Street -where the galleries are located.

Favorite Dish: We just check this restaurant out. We didn't dine. Try it when you get to Leavenworth. And, let me know if the Italian food is good!

Munchen Haus: Eat at Munchen Haus

by joiwatani Written Sep 3, 2007

The Munchen Haus

There is always a line of people buying food at the Munchen Haus. Not only that the restaurant has an outdoor tables, the restaurant is located at the Front Street where most of the galleries and stores are situated. It is very convenient to get into the restaurant because of its location.

Favorite Dish: We didn't get anything because the line is so long.

Cold Stone Creamery

by Albernfrau Written Jul 24, 2006

OUTSTANDING ice cream treats!

We ordered the Birthday Cake Remix which includes cake batter ice cream with brownie chunks, sprinkles and chocolate sauce all mixed together and served in a dish was to die for!!!! So expensive (large) $6+ per dish but so worth every bite. Next time I would get a small though as we felt sick to our stomaches later.

There was an extremely long line but it went fast and the staff kept us entertained by singing every few minutes!

King Ludwig's Restaurant

by Albernfrau Updated Jul 24, 2006

If we had one more night in Leavenworth we would have eaten here. We peeked in and it looked really traditional. We were intrigued that they had music and dancing on a wood dance floor on the weekends. I would definitely give this a try in addition to Andreas Keller (where we went) to have an authentic Bavarian/Hungarian dining experience.

Prey's Fruit Barn

by Albernfrau Written Jul 24, 2006

We were told it is the best fruit market in town. They had great fruit, veggies, honey of all types, etc. The place was immaculate. A nice outdoor seating area. Some other items like postcards etc. Friendly dog and cat...Open at 8am just perfect when you head east out of town. See my Off the Beaten Path for more details and photos.

Bavarian Bakery

by Albernfrau Written Jul 24, 2006

We walked into this bakery and walked out as like most of the bakeries in town they didn't have much selection. Some sweets but no savory. I am sure there baked items taste great but we were looking for selection and we didn't get it.

Fudge Hut

by Albernfrau Updated Jul 23, 2006

This place has absolutely tons of fudge, including sugar-free. I have to say we didn't try any as we had already eaten so much chocolate but we did have fruit smoothies. Unfortunately made out of a package and full of sugar. They also have coffee and Italian sodas. Nice, friendly staff and a great doorway entrance!

Munchen Haus

by Albernfrau Updated Jul 23, 2006

Bavarian grill and beer garden. This was a really popular place. You can walk up and get take out or eat in the beer gardens. Pets are allowed. I believe the only casual, outdoor eating place in town. Check out all my photos of it.

• Albernfrau's Profile Photo

Homefires Bakery - Great Setting!

by Albernfrau Written Jul 19, 2006

This bakery is a 5 min. drive from downtown but totally worth it just for the setting. Check out all my photos. The bakery is set on a beautiful peace of property with farms bordering it. You can enjoy your bakery purchase while relaxing in their yard, either in a lawn chair or picnic table. Watch the cows grazing next door or the butterflies enjoying the flowers in their garden. The food was great too. They had pies, breade, cakes, etc. The bakery also included a cute gift area which had some great pottery, specialty teas, etc.

Instant Answers: Leavenworth

Comments

Leavenworth Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Leavenworth restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Leavenworth sightseeing.