Olympia Restaurants

• Oyster House on the Water in Downtown Olympia
    Oyster House on the Water in Downtown...
    Oyster House along Water in Downtown
    Fried Oyster Basket for $12

Best Rated Restaurants in Olympia

• Ramblin' Jacks: Ramble On In

by olyrunner Written Dec 31, 2003

Great grub - a little bit of everything, although they focus on a southern bar-b-que theme. The biggest problem I have with Jacks is that it's hard to try something new on the menu when you enjoy the last meal so much! Whether you're hungry for smoked meat dishes, healthy salads, wood-fired pizzas or unique pasta dishes (mmm, butter nut squash ravioli) you're sure to find something that you love. There's also a great selection coming from the bar, in case you prefer to drink your meal.

Oh yeah, they also sponsor a great soccer team.

Favorite Dish: Do I have to choose just one? Argh! You can't go wrong with the smoked salmon caesar salad.

• Lemongrass: Best food & cheapest prices!

by chelseagurl Updated Feb 12, 2004

Opens at 5:30 and is usually packed by 6:00. Why? Cuz lots of people know the food is excellent and the prices very reasonable. There are loads of asian restaurants in Oly, seems like a new one opens every month or so. But this one is the best hands down. Try Old School for great pizza, Trinacria for great Italian food (make a reservation, it's very popular). For breakfast try Darby's or The New Moon (but avoid the New Moon at night, when burritos are served by the rudest punks in town).

• Johnscarroll's Profile Photo

The Urban Onion: Bistro Fare - Closest Thing to a Gay Hangout

by Johnscarroll Written Aug 23, 2005

Vegan & Ovo/lacto Menu

I've only been here twice, but I enjoyed it. The food was fresh and the atmosphere warm. It's located in the old Olympian Hotel. It's long been welcoming to Olympia's small town/university gay community. Recently it was taken over by a gay owner. That has only served to cement its status as a gay hangout.

The soups are good, and the vegetarian fare is popular. It's a great place for dinner after touring Washington's capital city. Prices are moderate.

• Gay and Lesbian

• dragoness86's Profile Photo

Budd Bay Cafe: Don't Miss this!

by dragoness86 Written Jun 3, 2005

Located by the water, Budd Bay Cafe is great for both a formal and casual setting. The sunsets are beautiful and wait staff are very attenative.

Favorite Dish: Coconut Prawns - you won't find elsewhere! Everyone swears by it, their the best! The large prawns are covered in coconut shavings, fried and served w/an ooh so tangy, sweet and spicy Thai sauce! my mouth waters just THINKING about it! Available as an appetizer or entree.

• itshotrod's Profile Photo

Capitale Esspresso Bar and...

by itshotrod Written Sep 12, 2002

Capitale Esspresso Bar and Grill
    This place has absolutely wonderful food! It's a little spendy for those on a low budget, ($10-20 for just the main course) but well worth it. It feels like being in a small cafe in Italy, without the snooty Italian waiters. If you're here on a weekend, make sure to call ahead and make a reservation.

Favorite Dish: Black Bean Ravioli

• dickiemint's Profile Photo

Budd Bay Cafe: Very good Clam Chowder

by dickiemint Written Oct 2, 2004

Budd Bay Cafe / Restaurant

Budd Bay have a restaurant area which you can eat indoors or out doors, It is very well laided out and the harbor setting is very pleasing.
    Budd Bay also have a take away area at the other end of the restaurant building which when you have perchase your food you can sit and eat in the outdoor sitting area , very nice indeed.

Favorite Dish: I had some clam chowder which was very good , The best in the area.

• Seniors

• Carmanah's Profile Photo

Old World Pizzeria: Old School Pizzeria

by Carmanah Written Nov 1, 2004

Old School Pizzeria

A group of my girl friends drove down to Olympia to support their boyfriends who were playing a show at a local theatre. We arrived in Olympia at 5pm, and many of the shops were closing, so we found ourselves wandering the downtown streets exploring.

We asked some local teens where they'd go for a bite to eat, and they pointed us towards Old School Pizzeria. Old School was one of the best finds during our evening.

Old School Pizzeria is a local hangout for the cool kids. I felt like I was sitting in a scene from an old 80's movie. They were blasting the Ramones and the Clash on the stereo and old movie posters were on the wall. We sat in a booth and observed the constant ebb and flow of the customers, most of which were sporting the latest punk hairstyles.

Definitely one of the cooler places to eat pizza. Ideal for pre-concert food and late snacks. Not at all a traditional Italian restaurant. Very casual cafe nonetheless, but don't expect table service.

Favorite Dish: Pizza here is sold by the slice. It's all freshly made, New York style, so whatever your pizza preference is, go for it.

• dickiemint's Profile Photo

MEKONG Thai Restaurant: Best Thai Restaurant in Olympia

by dickiemint Updated Oct 3, 2004

Very well presented and clean and tidy. The staff are very helpful and will acise with the menu if you have problems.
    What you cannot eat you can take home if you want.

Favorite Dish: APPERTIZER :~ Shrimp And Chicken Roll, or Mekong Chicken,Beef, or Pork Satay.

MEAT DISH:~ Mekong Special Chicken or Mekong Shower.

The dishes which we had were bang on great, very much Thai not just some food dishes made by the bloke down the road type of thing.

• Seniors

• I can't list just one so I'll...

by artydude Written Aug 26, 2002

I can't list just one so I'll give you my favorites.

Mercato's is a new Italian resturaunt that is situated near the farmers market in North Olympia, next to the marina. They offer excellent food at reasonable prices, and includes a full bar. The decor is modern and the service is very good.

Ramblin Jacks is situated on 4th Ave in downtown and another of my favorites. The menu ranges anywhere from BBQ to burgers, to pizza and pasta. The resturaunt features a full bar, with reasonable prices and excellent food.

If you are looked for seafood, the Northwest offers some of the best. The Oyster House on 5th Avenue sits on the Marina with outdoor dining and good food. If you are looking for something a little more upscale, try Anthony's, located near the farmers market. The food is excellent, but expect a pricier meal.

If Asian cuisine suits your taste, Chopsticks on 5th Ave offers a wide range of noodle entrees. The service is excellent and the food is extremely good in large portions. A great atmosphere but watch out for the dinner rush, it's a popular place.

In addition to these, there are also many cafes and delis scattered throughout downtown.

• Bacat's Profile Photo

Trinacria: Trinacria

by Bacat Written Aug 26, 2002

Just a great restaurant. Good food, a Sicilian owner who cares about customers returning. It's a very small, romantic place, so make reservations two nights in advance. Being close to downtown, it's a great place to eat before a night on the town.

Favorite Dish: Pasta and Wine (either Orvieto Classico or Cetamura Chianti)

• Rude_boy22's Profile Photo

Mondo Shrimp: Mondo Shrimp

by Rude_boy22 Updated Aug 24, 2002

A small resteraunt with great dishes near the waterfront on the eastside. Serves up some awesome food in giant, handpainted, ceramic bowls. The prices are somewhat high for a small eatery, ($8-12 For a main dish) but well worth it. Suit and tie resteraunts do not come close to serving food as well made as this.

Favorite Dish: Linguini, or any other pasta dish, and shrimp of course.

• Steamboat Annie's: Steamboat Annie's

by corbin Updated Aug 24, 2002

This place is fabulous for the casual diner. Incredible view of Budd inlet and across to East Bay Drive, with a nice relaxed atmosphere. Dine early in the evening to get a window seat, or later on to catch the evenings entertainment. Entree's are more than reasonably priced (9.95 to 13.95), with great appetizers and a full bar, not to mention some of the best local brews.

Favorite Dish: Most of it!!!

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Plenty Restaurant - Downtown Olympia

by Ewingjr98 Written Aug 2, 2007

We had a late afternoon lunch at Plenty in Olympia while driving through the area. I'm not a fan of chain restaurants of any kind, and I had never visited the Capital of Washington, so we decided to drive through town and find a local place for some food. Plenty Restaurant was one of the few options we saw that wasn't Asian food.

The inside was uniquely decorated with a variety of pastel colors and large flowers one one side, and the other side was more traditional with a bar and dinner seating. We had a couple of sandwiches with fries and two soft drinks for around $20. Everything was good and the service commendable. It was a nice meal in a unique place.

Though Plenty bills themselves as vegetarian and vegan friendly, they have plenty of meals with beef and chicken for the rest of us.

• Ben Moore's: Never eat at Ben Moore's! Worst Service Ever!

by Celia77 Written Apr 29, 2007

Horrible, horrible, horrible... That is the only way to describe my experience at Ben Moore's, and it is an understatement. I have traveled all around the world and it was here at home in Olympia that I came across the rudest waitress I have ever met. She had a horrible attitude from the moment I set foot in the door and it just got worse from there, at times she refused to make the slightest acknowledgment that I was speaking and would walk off mid-sentence. The food was NOT good (undercooked pancakes and french toast), the hot chocolate was brown water, and the whole meal was almost unbearable because of the way we were treated. I have NEVER complained about a waitress, I was one myself for several years! But I felt compelled to go to the owner on this one. The owner, however, does not even resemble a sane person. He proceeded to scream at me to “get the hell out” of his restaurant and let out a slew of curse words. He got in my face trying to intimidate me as I spoke to him VERY calmly. I felt physically threatened and his psychotic demeanor led me to believe that he was going to hit me, I kid you not. It may sound like I am making this up, I wish I were because it ruined my entire morning, but this was by far the worst experience I have had eating out. I would suggest that anyone reading this that has a problem with men berating women in public for voicing a complaint, not visit this establishment. It was not only bad food and bad service; it was scary and demeaning.

Favorite Dish: There was no favorite anything, everything here was bad. From the watered down swiss miss hot chocolate, to the undercooked french toast, Ben Moore's recieves a zero out of ten.

• Women's Travel

• dragoness86's Profile Photo

Norma's Burgers: Looking for an awesome Burger?

by dragoness86 Written Mar 27, 2006

Norma's is the best burger place in town. A little on the expensive side, but the fry sauce is awesome and they've got a wide variety of things to eat besides burgers, including shrimp or fish baskets.

Favorite Dish: Try the Hawaiian. Have a fresh banana shake!

Instant Answers: Olympia

Comments

Olympia Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Olympia restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Olympia sightseeing.