Port Orchard Restaurants

Covered Entrance to Puerto Vallarta
    Spectacular Artwork of Interior
  • Decorated Table Area with Windows facing Busy Road
    Decorated Table Area with Windows facing...

Most Recent Restaurants in Port Orchard

• glabah's Profile Photo

Puerto Vallarta: Mexican on the South Side of Downtown

by glabah Written Jul 25, 2012
    Covered Entrance to Puerto Vallarta

While this is a chain restaurant, it is also true that it is one of the lesser known Mexican chains in the region and generally speaking it is a step above the fast food type chains that you will find everywhere. There are a dozen of these scattered across the state of Washington, mostly in smaller communities fairly far from major cities. They are possibly affiliated with the Azteca chain of northwest Mexican restaurants as the look and feel is somewhat the same but they don't seem to be officially tied in any way.

The food is reasonably priced and you get a pile of it for the price, for most dishes.

The decorations are fairly amazing, including huge parrots hanging from the ceiling. The center room features a skylight which takes the place of what would probably be an open courtyard in a true Mexican structure.

There are windows along the east side of the restaurant but unfortunately they only offer a view of the local busy suburban street and the parking lot.

One very unique feature of the place is the covered entrance, should you or someone else you are traveling with need to depart their car without getting wet.

Favorite Dish: It's fairly typical Americanized Mexican food, but still good, and I like the #9 Tostada for Lunch.

• glabah's Profile Photo

The Lighthouse Restaurant and Lounge: Great Food with Indoor and Outdoor Views

by glabah Updated May 20, 2010

The Lighthouse Restaurant as seen from Bay Street

While this restaurant serves good food and is decorated in an attractive fashion, one of the reasons to eat here is that in all of Port Orchard there is probably no other restaurant that has anywhere near as good a view as does the Lighthouse. It sits right on the edge of Sinclair Inlet, and on a clear day it is possible to see the summits of a number of Olympic Mountain peaks over the top of all the sailboat masts. There are three levels to the restaurant: the main entry level, which features several tables and the "lounge" (basically a bar), the lower indoor level, which features a wonderful solarium style seating with windows that face the water and curve over the tables to provide a view even straight upward, and the outdoor seating which is slightly lower than the indoor lower level. The result is a stadium like view of the Olympic Mountains.

Even on a not so clear day, the view of Sinclair Inlet is still quite good, and a lot better than the streetside view or parking lot view you will get in so many other restaurants.

With large marinas and public boat ramps very close by, I would expect that this is a popular place to come before and after a day on the water.

Favorite Dish: I found out that sometimes the "specials of the day" are items that aren't even on the menu. For example, when I visited, the special fish sandwich with a seasonal berry sauce and a choice of chowder or salad (I chose a salad) for $1 less than most of the cheapest lunch menu items. Naturally, that is what I chose, and I wasn't disappointed.

On the other hand, I will warn you that adding extras can quickly run up the tab here. Getting a $7.99 lunch, then adding a strawberry lemonaide, and then a dessert, and then sales tax quickly put the meal into the $20 category rather than the $10 category.

But the death by chocolate cake was a delightful end to the meal, and worth the price in my opinion.

Happy Hour specials are available at the bar too, so be sure to check those if you want something to drink with a bit of a kick to it.

The restaurant also has available a selection of smaller chocolates from Carter's Chocolates of Port Orchard.

• Sailing and Boating

• hippie005's Profile Photo

Amy's on the Bay: If you want DELICIOUS FOOD...

by hippie005 Updated Dec 31, 2009

My husband and I came across this restaurant while doing the downtown trick or treating that Port Orchard downtown businesses offered as an alternative to not having a festival for lack of funding. I thought that it was cute when we walked in so we put it on our "list of things to do." On date night we chose Amy's on the Bay and we were not disappointed. It was clean, seating was ample and it was quiet. My three favorite things.

Favorite Dish: I had the Kobe Beef Burger and my husband had the Five Alarm Burger. I'm not usually one to brag about burgers but it was nothing short of AMAZING! Cooked exactly the way I wanted, fresh toppings and the fries were AMAZING! Having just moved here from Japan, this is the first restaurant I was able and wanted to eat all the food on my plate. The fries, I can go on and on about these. They have the best french fries I've ever had anywhere. Of course, the menu is varied and I just wanted a simple burger but they offer many seafood items.

THE CRAB CAKES AT AMY'S ARE AMAZING! I didn't much care for the sweet sauce it came with, like a dijon apricot flavor, but my husband loved it. The crab cakes were perfect, crispy and had so much crab in them that it seemed like it was more like a crab only patty. Delicious!!!

Another unforgettable: the specialty drinks. We had a mixed drink from the bar and it was the first time we had a mixed drink that tasted GOOD. It was tasty and reminded me of drinking Chu-hi's in Japan.

• El Sombrero: Disgusting

by CMNun Written May 4, 2007

I have eaten at El Sombrero for many years without complaint. Today, however, I killed 8 fruit flies while eating my meal. I saw countless others flying around near our table. The large tub of salsa was left uncovered on the counter. It was disgusting. When I brought the issue to the attention of the server, she said, "Oh, I know. We always have problems with fruit flies during the summer months." SUMMER MONTHS! It's May 5th and the temperature last night was 39 degrees. Avoid this place at all costs!

• dariabunny's Profile Photo

Fat Rascals: Mmm...good BBQ with a view!

by dariabunny Written Apr 19, 2007

The view from this modest BBQ restaurant is quite beautiful. The food is amazing! Free corn bread with meal. Smokey, no knife or sharp teeth needed, fall off the bone style meat! I love the boneless beef ribs myself. They come with three sides. I always get the deep fried corn-on-the-cob as one of them. The BBQ sauce is amazing and compliments the meat without overwhelming it. Good place for familes too. I highly suggest giving it a try!

Favorite Dish: Boneless Beef Ribs with Deep Fried Corn-on-the-Cob, Fries, and Spicy Beans

• Cosmo's: Ambience & Great Food in South Kitsap!

by PeninsulaPal Updated Jul 2, 2006

There is finally a great place with GREAT food that is freshly prepared and not deep fried!
    This Restaurant and Deli is locally owned with the community in mind. They make there own fresh breads, soups, and sauces. They have a take-out deli where we find gourmet foods, meat & cheeses sliced while we wait, and ITALIAN ESPRESSO. It is our favorite place even for take-out lunch. They have the best Italian Panini sandwiches we've ever had, and the prices are right.
    They have a full bar and a great wine selection with good service. There dinner dishes are spectacular and full of flavor, and the portions are big. We can't say enough. Yummmmmmyyyy!
    There is nothing to compare this restaurant to in South Kitsap.

Favorite Dish: We have lots of favorites, but my most recent is there Beef Gorgonzola on polenta. WOW!
    My favorite lunch is Italian Pepper Chicken Panini. This is grilled on Italian foccacia bread and has pear and cashew spread on it. Amazing!

• Business Travel
    • Seniors

• jim98366's Profile Photo

El Sombrero: Best Mexican Food

by jim98366 Written Feb 23, 2004

Cazuela

I love mexican food, so I am pretty picky. El Sombrero in Port Orchard has the best Mexican food I have ever had. From the Salsa to each and every meal, it's simply delicious. I reccomend the Cazuela, it's my favorite. El sombrero is a small family run business dedicated to excellent service and food.

Favorite Dish: As stated above....the Cazuela. It's fresh chicken stips and mushrooms sauteed in a delicious orange sauce over a bed of rice and topped with cheese. It comes with a chicken of beef chimichanga and beans.

EXCELLENT!!!!

Instant Answers: Port Orchard

Comments

Port Orchard Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Port Orchard restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Port Orchard sightseeing.