Know about this? Rate It!
Experience Music project (EMP)
Favorite thing: Experience Music Project (EMP) is a museum dedicated to music. The 140,000 square foot facility was created to celebrate creativity and innovation as expressed through American popular music and culture.
The building was designed by architect Frank O. Gehry, who also designed the Guggenheim in Bilbao, Spain (in case you were wondering why does the shiny metal ondulating exterior looks so familiar).
The exterior metal wall is really interesting -- in so me places, it changes color as you walk along it.
This museum is expensive, though: adults expect to shell out $19.95, kids age 7-12, $14.95. Not sure if they have student discount...
Please visit their website for hours of operation:
EMP is located at (right next to the Space Needle)
325 5th Ave. N.
Seattle, WA 98109
(on the Seattle Center Campus)
- Museum Visits
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Seattle Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Amami-oshima Hotels
- Antigua Guatemala Hotels
- Province of Mindoro Oriental
- Round Valley State Park Hotels
- Pundaquit Hotels