Fremont District, Seattle

Know about this? Rate It!

I can't believe I ate the WHOLE thing!
    by yooperprof
    by Sunshine64
    by sarahandgareth
  • Sunshine64's Profile Photo

by Sunshine64 Updated Jul 28, 2005

Fremont Troll

Favorite thing: I probably lived in Seattle a year before I even knew about the troll, and it was even longer before I saw it - via the "Ride the Duck" site-seeing excursion I took during one of my parents' visits. Now it's a regular site I take my visitors to see.

Seattle is full of public art, and the Fremont Troll was commissioned by the Fremont Arts Council (the same folks that sponsor the Solstice Parade) in 1989 and built by 4 local artists in 1990.

The Troll is located on 36th St., under the Aurora bridge.

Oh, and that's a real-life VW Bug in his left hand.

• sarahandgareth's Profile Photo

Fremont

by sarahandgareth Updated Jun 11, 2004
    The Fremont Troll

Favorite thing: This area of Seattle, just north and across the Lake Union canal from Queen Anne, has one of the cutest little downtown areas. I especially love breakfast/brunch at the Still Life Cafe, but the other options are practically endless.

For a special treat, try to make the Soltice Festival!

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

MOHAI - Museum of History and Industry

by yooperprof Written Mar 22, 2004

I can't believe I ate the WHOLE thing!

Favorite thing: For a good overview of the history of Seattle and the Puget Sound region, visit MOHAI. My Seattle friend Al says that the temporary exhibits are almost always interesting. On the Saturday I visited there was an excellent one about Seattle's role in the great Klondike gold rush. However, I thought that the permanent exhibits were a little tired - they could stand some updating.

• Museum Visits

• chuckyc's Profile Photo

Get outside the downtown core...

by chuckyc Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: Get outside the downtown core and enjoy some of the neighborhoods Ballard(scandinavian),Capital hill& U-district(young& trendy,packed with bars,shops,&restaurants)Madison park(a cool beach on the lake),Alki(an even better beach on the sound),and my favorite nieghborhood,and where I live,FREEMONT/aka The Center Of The Universe,as posted in the middle(though freemont is getting a little to trendy,it is know for it's flair with an actual Rocket,a huge statue of Lenin brought in from russia which there was a debate about putting there and a Troll resting under the aurora bridge,also freemont has the annual summer solstice parade which in my opinion is a must if you are here at that time)
    During the summer there are street fairs each weekend rotating neighborhoods(U-distict street fair is my favorite,late may,followed by the freemont fair which is the same weekend as the solstice parade.

Fondest memory: Crystal clear days in which you can see mountains or water from almost anywhere in the city

• bluefelt's Profile Photo

There is a signpost in the...

by bluefelt Updated Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: There is a signpost in the middle of the road in Freemont that has different destinations on it. It points to Freemont as the center of the universe.

Instant Answers: Seattle