National/Local - Parks/Gardens, Seattle

Know about this? Rate It!

• National/Local - Parks/Gardens
    by Toughluck
    by mht_in_la
  • National/Local - Parks/Gardens
    by lorino
  • Toughluck's Profile Photo

Waterfall in town

by Toughluck Written Dec 12, 2007

Favorite thing: Small quiet park, at 2nd Ave and S Main (just off the trolley line). It's set behind a wall, which blocks the noise of the city. Here is a water fall and a small running brook.

Fondest memory: Sitting and reading. Letting my mind catch up with the sights and sounds that we'd been seeing all morning. It would be a great place for a cup of coffee or a light breakfast.

• mht_in_la's Profile Photo

by mht_in_la Updated Aug 28, 2003

Danny Park

Favorite thing: Not too many tourists visit Danny Park. I didn't plan to either. But it just happened so right before I left Seattle...

I was waiting for the shuttle bus to Vancouver at 8th and Bell. It suddenly came to me that, although I took plenty of photos from the top of Space Needle, I didn't have one photo of the Needle itself. (a philosophical dilemma?) So I walked around trying to find a clean shot, and I got it in Danny Park. The Park was small, low profile, but a good place to relax in the center of city.

• hkgirl's Profile Photo

Visit the Mountains

by hkgirl Written Feb 25, 2003
    Giant Cedar

Favorite thing: You must visit the moutains. Mt. Saint Helens is like nothing you've ever seen before. It is very haunting and reminds you how fragile life is. The giant cedars, spruces, and Douglas firs in the Olympic National Park and Mt. Rainier are stunning. Some are as old as 1000 years, and 300 ft tall.

Fondest memory: We went to Mt. Rainier in late May and it was snowing really hard at Paradise. The road to Sunrise was still closed. We took an 1-mile trail to a viewpoint at Paradise, and the snow was knee-deep. We scrambled and struggled with the thin air to get to this viewpoint, and saw the Nisqually Glacier and Mt. Rainier. It was the most wonderful thing I've ever seen!

• Hiking and Walking

• falicia2000's Profile Photo

Volunteer Park is located at...

by falicia2000 Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: Volunteer Park is located at 1400 East Prospect Street and is open to the public. It is jointly owned and maintained by the Department of Parks and Recreation and the Water Department. The park is beautiful the gardens will take your breath away. You can also see the tropical plants and trees in the greenhouse.

• lorino's Profile Photo

lorino's General Tip

by lorino Written Aug 24, 2002

Fondest memory: Pictured: Golden Gardens Park, Seattle. What I miss most when away from Seattle is the beautiful scenery. The mountains, green trees and the water!

Instant Answers: Seattle