Seattle Center, Seattle

Know about this? Rate It!

My uncle
  • Seattle Center
    by joiwatani
    My aunt and uncle at one of the artworks
  • Jonathan_C's Profile Photo

holiday family fun

by Jonathan_C Updated Dec 1, 2003

Winterfest at Seattle Center

Favorite thing: Our favorite way to kick off the holiday season is to spend most of the Thanksgiving Day long weekend at Seattle Center. Skating at the Winterfest ice rink puts older kids in a winter frame of mind while the little ones can enjoy the caurosel just outside. Then bring everyone over to the Center house for the Ethnic Heritage Council's free Worldfest. This mini Folklife is in its fourth year and all of the groups this year were surprisingly good. Add in the holiday train and christmas lights and you couldn't ask for anything more.

• Festivals

• Carmanah's Profile Photo

Titanic Artifact Exhibit

by Carmanah Written Feb 25, 2003

The Seattle Science Center back entrance

Fondest memory: My fondest memory was visiting the Pacific Science Center to see the temporary Titanic Artifact Exhibit. The Exhibit was only there until September 2001, but featured artifacts that were recovered from the world's most famous sunk ship. It was a museum none of us would forget. For more information, check out my travelogue titled, 'Titantic Artifact Exhibit'.

• Carmanah's Profile Photo

Seattle Science Center

by Carmanah Written Feb 25, 2003

Playing around at the Seattle Science Center

Fondest memory: A fond Seattle memory of mine was being with my family in the courtyard of the Pacific Science Center. While we were waiting to enter the Titantic Artifact Exhibit, we tried out all the interactive water experiments the Science Center had to offer. It's kind of cheesy, but good wholesome family fun at the same time. Yes... that's my sister, my grandfather and my mother in the picture. My sister's pushing a button that jets water through a founter in the pool. Wheee!

• Ricardo_J_M's Profile Photo

There is so much to enjoy in...

by Ricardo_J_M Updated Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: There is so much to enjoy in Seattle.
    By a miracle it did not rain while we were there. We enjoyed going out and walking the streets in comfort. We went to Seattle Center were we visited the Space Needle and EMP. You could spend the entire day here easily and not cover half of the area. You must go up the needle.
    You must also visit Pike Place Market!

Fondest memory: Flying over Mt. Reiner

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Visit the Seattle Center

by joiwatani Written Oct 7, 2011
    I brought my Aunt here

Favorite thing: %Once you are at the Space Needle, you might as well go to the Seattle Center, Music Museum Project, and the Pacific Science Center, and the water fountain. These are all in one location.

Fondest memory: I bring my visitors here because of the famous Space Needle and because there are so much to see. There is the fountain nearby where the children can go down and play with the water. Also, parents can just sit on the grass while their children are having fun down the water fountain.

There is also a playground where children can play. Local residents come here to just hang out under the trees and just sit on the grasses during the summer time.

• abhijits's Profile Photo

The IMAX Xperience

by abhijits Written Oct 10, 2002

Favorite thing: There are cinemas and there are multiplexes and then there is the cinemas .. man that is one dark place where i dont want to be with my girlfriend coz contrary to her usual complaints she will complain about not getting enuf attention .. the screen and the sound fx are mindblowing ....i had the chance to see Apollo 13 in the Boeing IMAX theatre ...TOOOOO GOOOD .....

Instant Answers: Seattle