Know about this? Rate It!
Enjoyable tour of the Boeing Factory
The Boeing Factory is about 30 minutes north of Seattle. We took a guided tour of the Boeing plant and also went through their flight museum. This is a great family activity and both of our children enjoyed it.
- Historical Travel
- Museum Visits
- Family Travel
Boeing makes most of their...
Boeing makes most of their commercial aircraft in the Seattle area in the suburbs of Renton in the south and Everett in the north. (The 717 is made near Los Angeles and military aircraft are made in places like St. Louis.) Naturally, there are airplanes parked
outside when they are almost finished. A few of them are “white tails” where they are unpainted except for white paint on the tail, possibly because an airline cancelled an order or a plane was built even though there was a gap in orders. Renton makes the 737 and
757. There are flight tests at Boeing Field so there are airplanes parked there. Everett makes the 767, 777, and 747. There are tours at Everett (Monday to Friday, $5) and there is a public park next to Renton Municipal Airport. Boeing Field has a fence around
it but you can see the airfield and airplanes from Interstate 5, which runs along a tall hill
over the airfield. If you travel by bus, you may have to walk a long ways at Renton. There is probably a bus between downtown and Boeing Field. I saw a sign at a bus stop at the Everett Tour Center that had many routes. Some of them may be timed for the factory worker’s shifts.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Seattle Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Moncton Hotels
- Dau Hotels
- Fort Walton Beach
- Paoay Hotels
- Vernazza Hotels
- Sanibel Island
- Florida Off The Beaten Path
- Chicago Off The Beaten Path
- Georgia Off The Beaten Path
- Boston Off The Beaten Path
- Tennessee Off The Beaten Path
- Washington State Off The Beaten Path
- DAY TRIPS AROUND MUMBAI
- Portland Off The Beaten Path
- Key West Off The Beaten Path
- Las Vegas Off The Beaten Path
- Mackinac Island Off The Beaten Path
- Washington D.C. Off The Beaten Path